Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Typhoon 3D PNP terrible glitching

Old 04-30-2007, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Typhoon 3D PNP terrible glitching

The following is a copy and paste from the big Typhoon thread, I just wasn't getting any answers:

I hope somebody can help me with my problem. I just got the Typhoon, and have a bad radio glitch with it. Everything is stock, I am using a GWS RX (tests fine on another plane) and a Futaba 9C on channel 14, PPM. I have programmed the ESC for 3 cell lipo. It works great on the bench, but if I get 20 feet away from my TX (antenna out), all the servos go wild, and the motor freaks out. I believe it is RF noise causing my problem. I have unplugged every servo, one at a time, eliminating that possibility. I even swapped out the ESC, same problem. I can get the glitches to stop if I use a PCM RX, but the only one I have is full sized, and I don't want to use it.

Any ideas? Ferrite beads? If so, where? ESC RX lead? 2 or 3 wraps? Thanks.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:18 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Typhoon 3D PNP terrible glitching

I believe you found your problem: You have a bad receiver.

Send an email to Parkzone describing the problem and offering to send the RX back for testing. They have an excellent customer service record.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: jmir

I believe you found your problem: You have a bad receiver.

Send an email to Parkzone describing the problem and offering to send the RX back for testing. They have an excellent customer service record.

It's not the RX, if you read my post I point out that the RX tests fine in my Formosa with over 200 flights on it. I have two GWS RX, and they both work great on my Formosa, and neither work on the Typhoon. I believe the noise is from the motor, as it is the only item i haven't swapped with my Formosa gear.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:59 PM

Sounds like you figured it out.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:00 PM

Tests performed again with motor wires unplugged. Same problems. I guess I'm out of ideas.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:06 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Have you tried the test by unplugging the motor from the ESC, walking away from it to see if the servo glitches continue?
If they do, then it is not the motor.

If everything works fine close by, then it is not the ESC, and you are back to a questionable RX.

I'm just guessing.

[/quote]

It's not the RX, if you read my post I point out that the RX tests fine in my Formosa with over 200 flights on it. I have two GWS RX, and they both work great on my Formosa, and neither work on the Typhoon. I believe the noise is from the motor, as it is the only item i haven't swapped with my Formosa gear.
[/quote]