Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Zagi Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-24-2003, 06:42 AM
SVTCobra
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zagi Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys i need your help......... i just bought a Zagi 400........ semi kit with engine and prop......... i will need the servos, ESC, and mini servos, and battery................ What servos do i get? WHat ESC do i get? what servos do i get?? and what battery do i get??? HELP!!! and most of all......... where can i get them....does anyone have used stuff i can get??? Thanks
Old 02-24-2003, 03:23 PM
ElectriFan-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

If you've got one w/o the CF spar, then it's better to stay with a lighter battery pack.
Servos: Hitec HS-81 or equivalent (get the metal geared, if crash prone or planning combat)
ESC: Any 20A ESC, the GWS ICS-400 or similar
Battery: 8x600 Sanyo NiCds, 8x1100 HECELL NiMHs, 8x1700 NiMHs, I have also heard of folks trying the 2S2P 1570 LiPolys.

LHS, www.aircraft-world.com, www.aeromicro.com, www.edogfight.com, post for used stuff in the appropriate for sale/wanted forum.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:01 PM
SVTCobra

Default possible??

hey... is it possible to switch that 400 motor that comes with the zagi to a 600 class motor?? i can get a 600 class motor and 30 A ESC all in one cheaper than buying a straight ESC......... can they just be swapped out.....or is there a size difference??
Old 02-24-2003, 06:19 PM
BoomZilla

is it possible to switch that 400 motor that comes with the zagi to a 600 class motor?
Check out www.myzagi.com They talk about using a 600 class Magnetic Mayhem motor. You need to stick to a monster truck type motor. The normal RC car motors usually need to be geared down to work well in a plane.

I tried a 600 motor and didn't really like it. It (plus the bigger battery you need) are just too heavy for the airframe. It will fly fast and level, but flight times are short and it won't be very aerobic.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:55 PM
SVTCobra

Default thanks for all the info....keep it commin!

ok so.......... anyone got any of these????

Servos: Hitec HS-81 or equivalent
ESC: Any 20A ESC, the GWS ICS-400 or similar
Battery: 8x600 Sanyo NiCds
Old 02-24-2003, 09:43 PM
ElectriFan-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

A stock Zagi needs to fly fast enough already, weighing it down more with larger motors, etc just means that you need to fly faster. If you'd rather do that, fine.

If you want to save some $$ and fly light, I suggest you get the 18g generic servos and the HECELL cells/packs from aircraft-world. While you are at it, you may as well get the QRP S400 Reverse motor. Not only do they have great prices, shipping is very very reasonable and the service is awesome. Dave doesn't carry the ICS400 (last I saw), but should have an equivalent ESC.

I'd stay away from the 600AE cells and go with the HECELL (or equivalent) as they have longer duration and perform almost as well as the 600AEs unless you don't have a NiMH peak charger.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:28 PM
BoomZilla

Hey Electrifan,

Watch out if you are using those servos. I had some trouble with them.

URL removed by MOD. (sent you a PM why)

(What other R/C Forum )