Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
 What ESC for an E-Starter? Some other Q's too. >

What ESC for an E-Starter? Some other Q's too.

Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

What ESC for an E-Starter? Some other Q's too.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What ESC for an E-Starter? Some other Q's too.

I just got my E-Starter but I do not know which esv to get. I was looking at the GWS ICS480E/J 15A speed control and was wondering if this would be a good choice? Would I need to buy any adapters or anything to plug it into my engine or battery or anything? And what battery would you recommend to use with this speed control? I will be using the stock 400 engine for now. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:21 AM

Default RE: What ESC for an E-Starter? Some other Q's too.

MX, good choice of planes, the ES is a very nice stable flyer. if your going to stay with the stock motor for now then a 15 amp ESC will be fine, I used a GWS 10 amp in mine forever. as to batts that is realy going to depend on what you want, nimh will work fine but are heavy and have short flight times. I found with mine you don't want to exceed 9.6 1050 ma because then your adding too much weight to have decent flights. as to connectors you will need to get them, I would suggest deans for your batt side of the ESC and bullet connectors for the motor.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:13 PM

Default RE: What ESC for an E-Starter? Some other Q's too.

Thanks for the response. Do you think you provide links (at towerhobbies.com) for the motor and battery connectors I should use because I'm getting kind of confused with all the different choices. Haha thanks.