Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Parkzone's Cessna 210 Centurion RTF

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Parkzone's Cessna 210 Centurion RTF

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Flyin C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone's Cessna 210 Centurion RTF

Last night at an indoor fly in I had the chance to fly one of these. There must of been 8 of these in the air at the same time. It was also my first rudder plane I have flown and I am an experienced flyer, just not with a rudder...anyway, WOW. I taxied it and it took right off, it flys soooo SMOOTH! I was very impressed and will have to add another plane to my wish list from Santa!

My LHS matches an price, and Tods Models sells them for $110 so I can get one for that price.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:16 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: Flyin C

Last night at an indoor fly in I had the chance to fly one of these. There must of been 8 of these in the air at the same time. It was also my first rudder plane I have flown and I am an experienced flyer, just not with a rudder...anyway, WOW. I taxied it and it took right off, it flys soooo SMOOTH! I was very impressed and will have to add another plane to my wish list from Santa!

My LHS matches an price, and Tods Models sells them for $110 so I can get one for that price.
wow, I missed it[], yeah, should look into one, they are so cool. You prob didn't see it but another guy tried to fly his through the rafters (it was a large gym) and it hit the motor, it droped down and he tried again, VERY resilient
Old 11-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Flyin C

yeah, and I bet he would of let you fly it too
Take your time on the video, I think it will be cool to see the slooow motion of the almost midair and loop
and your cub looks good

Old 11-24-2007, 02:37 AM
docflash

i found a better way to keep the geared shaft from slipping off. i shrunk down some really small shrink tubing, dipped it in CA glue, and put that over the end of the geared shaft. after it dried, i clipped off the excess.

here's what it looks like (the shrink tubing's light blue):

http://picasaweb.google.com/docflash...07432780167090
Old 12-30-2007, 04:18 PM
menatarms

After reading the positive reviews in this thread, I'm tending on getting me one .. can anyone recommend spares to get up front ?? May be 2 extra sets of cone & prop ??
Old 01-01-2008, 12:38 PM
rcpilotny

bull CRAP range is only 100 ft
Old 01-01-2008, 12:41 PM
rcpilotny

ORIGINAL: docflash

i picked up a 210 today at my LHS. (it's my first fixed-wing RC aircraft).

i got to try it after work in the parking lot of my office building. unfortunately, it was pretty dark and i clipped a truck's antenna and crashed.

when i went over and picked it up, it was making a high-pitched whining noise, and the elevator would only move in one direction. once i'd pulled out the wire linking to the elevator the whining stopped, but when i tried moving the elevator again the whine started.

does this sound like something that's easily fixable by someone who's all thumbs? any suggestions?

exact same problem i had! That constant grinding noise the servo makes. took out the elevator servo and through it against the wall, it was only my 3rd flight and that **** had to happen. For that price it shouldn't have happened. oh well i still can climb with throttle and rudder still works ok
Old 01-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Ched

Check out this video of three micro cessnas dogfighting in my basement. I bet I have 500 crashes on mine, into poles, cement walls, head on with other planes, etc. The only damage was three broken props. Tape fixed everything else. ( lots of tape but it still weighs less that 18 grams.) We get together about one time a week and fly the crap out of them. We change batteries every 3 minutes so we have the most power and never give them a break to cool down. Big fun!!! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...42#post8291031
Old 01-20-2008, 10:42 PM
corbystarlet11

i got one today and i can't get the binding to work, can anyone help me?
Old 01-22-2008, 02:25 AM
calvino

I have flown one and it is AWESOME, yeah it was inside, and i was a total newbe, but it was fun, very poular at indoor flying meets... they have indoor races....[8D]
Old 02-22-2008, 06:54 AM
menatarms

Put mine together after it arrived in Hong Kong where I couldn't find this plane from a care package via my sister. Bad re-packing on her part resulted in a snapped right horizontal stabilzer. Luckily I had the foresight to order an extra tail section. The on-line dealer ripped me off by sending a bad plane from the factory. Original foam box was cracked in several places, and the glued mounting of the motor was pitched upwards about 5 dergees. I had to rip out the entire motor mount assbly, dug out some foam to lower it so the white colored gear won't run against the upper canopy/wing section of the "hood" and JB QUIK the whole powerplant. Had to be careful in making sure the new tail and horizontal stab. were mounted true then used a silicone window sealer to glue everything then hooked the control arms in the correct holes so the up elevator wouldn't be too much to stall the plane.

Charged the battery pack overnight.

Went flying this PM with an hour to spare before dark when there's little wind (I live right by HK Int' Airport). I found out .. Hey, I can fly, having club raced 1/8 & 1/10 scale on-road previously.

Will be ordering up a whole fuselage with powerplant and another tail section and main wing for spares just in case.

I also found out that my schoolmate who started his own R/C plane company 3 years ago in Taiwan .. was full of crap! He told me I'd be better off paying him 250 dollars for his 1.1 meter wingspan 3 channel (with no PC simulator capability), and that I would kill this thing by the 3rd flight. That's exactly how many flights I took before the battery die. Soft landed each time.

I can fly, dudes !!!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:18 PM
mhendrix

I also had problems with the female threads stripping on the elevator servo of Parkzone Cessna. An earlier post said that he had taken the servo apart and mashed the plastic piece and got it to work again, so I thought that I would give it a try. Using a large mounted magnifying glass with light and a very tiny screw driver, I took the thing apart. I decided not to mash the plastic piece, but instead cut a very tiny sliver of soft plastic (actually the insulation from a piece of wire) and super glued it in the hole. Then reamed the hole back out with a sewing needle until the male threads turned easily inside the horn (it must turn very easily without slipping). Then I put the servos back together. I had to take the whole thing apart twice because I used a piece of rubber the first time and it was too tight around the threads and the motor couldn't turn it. I was actually amazed that I could fix it, the airplane flys and controls exactly the same as before. The servo even centers itself with no adjustments. I imagine the sevo could be improved by using some sort of modified ACME threads or a different material for the plastic horn instead of the current design. Also a sewing needle really hurts when you jam it though your finger!!!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Ched

I fixed a stripped servo by painting the hole with CA glue. I think I could have done it without taking the sevo apart. It has been working good for several hours of flight. I believe the glue gives a harder, stronger thread than the original soft plastic.