Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

rimfire installation

Old 08-10-2007, 09:35 PM
2ddave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rimfire installation

I just built my first foamy. built the Flatana with the rimfire 22M-1000. When I went to mount the motor, there is a collar on the back of the motor with an allen set screw. This does not fit through the hole in the supplied firewall. I just took it off and all fits fine, but I wanted to double check if I am messing up. Have been flying .40 size glow planes. Any major differences I need to watch out for? I will be landing in the grass. Should I use the landing gear or cut it off? Thanks for the help!
Old 08-12-2007, 03:33 AM
hellblastervolly

Default RE: rimfire installation

Hi dave.

I have the RCU Bipe and the rimfire with the V-Pitch, the same happend to me, I just got my dremel and make the hole in the firewall big enogh for it to turm freely (the motor need that collar get it back were it was ). Yes, take of the landing gear, the first time I try to land my plane on grass with the gear I rip off some foam from the fuse and wing. The Bipe was my first foamy with nobody to teach me, soo i learn by experience. So take off the gear if your landing on grass. Any question feel free to ask.

Fernando
Old 08-12-2007, 12:06 PM
2ddave

The instructions say to make 3) 5mm holes for the heads of the screws and one for the shaft to fit through, but that collar wouldnt fit a 5mm hole. Kind of confusing. Should I set the brake on the ESC? I thought this would help keep me from striking the prop on the ground when landing. Thanks for the info, I hope to maiden today!
Old 08-12-2007, 05:38 PM
2ddave

Just made my maiden flight. It is hard to let go the first time! All went well. Had to go right to high rates on aileron. low rates would hardly turn it.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:43 PM
hellblastervolly

Hey ddave.

Sorry for the delay, busy at work.

Mine came with the holes for the screws but I had to make the center hole bigger for the collar. No brakes on the ESC and watch for to much high rates. I learn the hard way, .

Im happy to know that all went well in your maiden. Any other question just let me know.

Fernando.