Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

My new project- Square Bee Speed 400

Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

My new project- Square Bee Speed 400

Old 03-15-2003, 05:26 PM
nenad
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new project- Square Bee Speed 400

Hi,

Just finished prototype of the Square Bee, and want to present the scale draws.
The flight tests wil wait for a few days, as here in Yugoslavia is still winter time.
The building and flight pictures will follow, have to develop and scan the pics,sorry, have no digital camera .
If the flight test wents without trouble, i'll maybe made a small ARC series of this model.
The model is completely build of Pink foam(STYRODYR-this one i have , but the white or blue will serve OK)
All the edges are balsa epoxy reinforced, motor mount is plywood, epoxied and fiberglased , wheels are 2" rubber O rings on plywood/balsa laminated disks, with carbod tybe for a bearing.
All the surfaces are covered with light Japan tissue using white glue.The kit will leave the covering choice to you.
Mine Square Bee is powered with Graupner Speed 400+Contronic Rondo ESC, 6x4 Graupner Super Nylon prop. Batteries are 8x500-8x600 NICD, but i'll try also with 8x1200NiMH.
Radio, Multiplex MC 2020 micro, with two old, no name micro servos ( 15 g each)
Weight is aprox 18 Oz(500 g) mostly due the heavy RX and battery pack. Hope the NiMH pack will weight les than NiCD.

Anyone interested in more data, can contact me at e-mail: [email protected]
The possible kit price i don't know yet, but the shipping from Europe will be included for surface mail( its roughly 15$ for the parcel of this size and weight). Must check for Air Mail rates.

Any comment or similar RC project?
Thanx & Regards

Nenad Miklusev
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	63129_26036.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	38634