Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Power ? for a EP noob...

Old 10-11-2007, 11:17 AM
SST
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power ? for a EP noob...

I'm building a 25" span biplane with Ace foam wings and depron fuselage, and figure an .049 Norvel will be a bit much power for it. I have a speed 280 and an appropriate ESC and LiPo for it, but I'm not sure it will be enough to fly it. I also have a speed 400 around somewhere, but need the ESC & battery. I'd like to use the 280 if possible, but don't want to risk banging it up for lack of power. It will be a hand-launch plane without landing gear, and it's not for 3-D or anything extreme, and I like to fly on the wing, not the prop...

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power ? for a EP noob...

Would need the weight of your project to make any suggestions. The 280 will maybe fly a 13-14 ounce plane if geared and propped right. 400 geared will ussually fly 20-22 ounce planes if they have enough wing area. Actually the Ace foam wings were made for .049 planes. If I remember right Ace had a Bipe called the All Star or something like that that was for .049 to 15 power

Good Luck
Bob