Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Building foam airplanes

Old 10-14-2007, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building foam airplanes

I am interested in building foam airplanes. I need info on where to get these small radios, engines, servos, batteries, foam ect. I have a couple transmitters around here could I use one of those? I was thinking about making a 737 with fans but I might start out with something simple. My dad owns an insulation company so maybe I get some kind of foam through him? Any info would be much appreciated.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building foam airplanes

I would say start out with something a little more simple.....

Here are several sites I know of..and im sure there are plenty more you can use...

Unitedhobbies.com
Balsaproducts.com

Foam that is used.. is Dow Blu cor Fand fold foam or FFF for short.. can be found at lowes... usually in the insulation dept...
for reinforcement you will want to use c/f tubing..

as far as what electronics to use most planes specifiy what setups work the best.. and the plans can be found all over the net just by using google search..

Try parkjets.com they have a lot of cool free plans..

can you fly?...

Lipo batteries are the way to go .. little more expensive but the prices have seemed to drop a lot...

What transmitters do you have?... as long as the receiver is compatible don't see why not... your limiations will be the limitations of the transmitter...

need a little more detail info to answer your questions better...

Hop over to the Fun with Flat Foam thread and read through the past post's im sure a lot of your questions can be answered just by reading through those posts... and then if you have any more questions jsut ask... on there most of those guys there are pretty good and are more than willing to help you out...