Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

looking for a small 3d bipe

Old 11-10-2007, 10:35 PM
xazio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a small 3d bipe

Hey guys, its winter time now, I been flying glow planes and a 30" foamie lately, hav'nt done much with my other foamies. I have a lot of parts laying around.
Eflight 250 brushless motor + phoenix 10 esc (over kill but the 10 is lighter than a jeti 8)
2 blue arrow 3g servos, 1 cirrus 4g servo, 2gram blue arrow RX and 7.4v 1200, or 7.4v 340mah packs. The motor spins a gws 7x3.5hd prop..ok on current but it sucks the 340mah pack up at the same rate a speed280 does. I only get about 7 minute flights with that 340.

Dont know if the motor will handel 11.1volts, but I do have a 740mah 11.1v that i can use.

Heres what im looking for, a small light weight biplane from depron, has to be very aerobatic and symetrical.. not interested in that 4-40 and KF airfoil stuff. Dont worry about the skill it takes to fly, i got a lot of experience under my belt and im looking for a fun flying 3D machine that will fly in a gym.
Keep in mind that I plan to convert this into a balsa model,so im looking for a simple design too. Im stressing performance to where I couldnt care less about its durability.
Not sure if you guys know what the Elip-stick is but its a little flying wing from hobby lobby, I like its wings shape, how its bowed out. If there are any "bow winged" biplanes out there, those are at the top of my list because the bow gives it additional strenght when its made from balsa.

Thanks guys
Old 11-11-2007, 09:08 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: looking for a small 3d bipe

Take a look at this one:

http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_planes_e...ltimate_fx.htm

I flew it for quite a while until one day I got too gutsy doing stuff close to the ground and busted it up. I moved on to the Mini Funtana X after that.

It hovers great and does just about anything you can throw at it. It was always a big hit at the flying field.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:21 AM
xazio

looks nice but my 250 wont fly it. Its a 1lb plane, which is out of my size range. If I had the electronics Id get one though.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/aito.htm
I like this aito design, but its too big..Trying to build something in the 4 ounce range. I like the wings and tail but the fuse isnt attractive.

Im not at home or id weigh my elecronics, I beleive my motor/esc weighs 14 and 10 grams each, the whole system weighs about 1 ounce, 2 ounces for a battery.

The frame would have to be super light so I am going to take plans of a foamie and turn it into a balsa model. Its hard to beat stick n tissue frames.. not durable but I was thinking of 1mm x 3 mm basswood to make the frame of the wings, then use small sticks to get the chord, tissue for covering, quarter inch balsa stick fuse with a CF tube motor mount. 1mm balsa stab, and the rest would be 1.5x1.5mm sticks. I am talking L-I-G-H-T

I got a question about the E flight park 250, It spins a 7x3.5gsw prop and my speed 250 spins a 5x5 zagi prop. Not sure why but the p250 makes my airframes torque alot..makes the plane wing rock in high alpha too..I changed the CG and everything. whys it do that? Does anyone know how this motor acts on a 11.1v battery?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:14 AM
cheddar-caveman

Can you get Multiplex Models out there? Get a Gemini. They are GREAT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M3HlJ0b4Z4
Old 11-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Flyin C

If you don't mind building your own. the I3D bipe is AMAZING! It fits your great too. Take a look-

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606425