Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

F-27B stryker - worth it or not

Old 11-20-2007, 11:25 PM
GITRDUN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-27B stryker - worth it or not

I saw a F-27B Stryker in the hobby shop for $120 new. I am wanting to buy the F-27C, but for $120 compared to the $250 for the C model is it to good of a deal to pass up? The only difference i know of is the C has brushless motor and a lipo battery.
Couldnt i just buy a lipo battery and put it in the B model without having to change anything? Or am i wrong? Also how much of a performance difference is there between the B model and the C model?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:36 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: F-27B stryker - worth it or not

There is a big performance difference between these two models. I own both of them and still enjoy flying the 27B on ocassion. However, I do prefer the 27C because it is much more powerful and faster.

You can use a li-po battery with the 27B so long as you use the proper propeller and switch the ESC to handle li-po cutoff voltage to protect the battery. It will improve its performance and you will have longer flights.

One thing for sure, you will want a 27C once you fly the 27B. So, why not just go right into the 27C? You won't regret it.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:43 PM
GITRDUN

Default RE: F-27B stryker - worth it or not

Thats pretty much what i wanted to hear. I will probably go ahead and get C model.
Thanks