Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

sealing paint job on foam

Old 11-21-2007, 07:20 PM
angry elvis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sealing paint job on foam

just painted my super cub, looks great but the paint will flake off in place.
is floor wax a good sealer? read that a few times...anyone?
Old 11-22-2007, 10:14 AM
soarhead-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sealing paint job on foam

ae:
I use vinyl floor wax on my foamies that are painted with water base craft type paints. The brand names over here that I have used are Mop & Glow and Future. Do a check and see what is the same over there. It seals the paint, gives the flat-matte finish of craft paints more depth and sort of a satin sheen. Also helps a little on little bumps and dents but not much. Some guys are mixing the stuff with the paint 50/50 when they paint, but I have not tried this yet. I got some craft paint that smeared when it got dew on it and I applied Future to it and it sealed it up no problem, no more smears. Also some guys use it to apply tissue paper to open structures and it shrinks it and hardens nicely....Good Stuff!!!!!!!
Good Luck
Bob