Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Building Foamies

Old 12-07-2007, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building Foamies

Cool, well i ha d the maiden flight last night and i was quuite impressed, she flys great, i do have to make some adjustments, need a little more throw in alevator and ailerons ....? i may have made the a tad small apart from that she's a goer

no good with your batteriy issue, i have had one problem with a dodgy connector apart frp that they go well i would est about 15min out of a battery

so i think after i make some modifications i will just try and get some fly time.

after that i might put on some landing gear and test my take off and landing skills. my mate has a small ARF Cosair and made up some foam skies and puts her on the water.

already starting to dream up a new plan ....

has the Sabre arrived??

chat soon
Old 12-16-2007, 04:29 PM

Well, you know it was only a matter of time,

I was out at little mans farm, demonstrating some low flying and as you can see I have been pushing the envelope

Good thing I have a spare

In saying that I reckon a healthy dose of hot gun glue would get her airborn.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78972.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	827159   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44177.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	827160   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12899.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	827161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26473.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	827162  
Old 12-16-2007, 05:26 PM

^^OUCH, looked like a bad one if you asked me[&:], try white glue, it is lighter.... and much stronger, even though it takes longer to dry[]
Old 12-22-2007, 04:30 AM

Yea I might use white glue on my next one. After all the extention I did it ended up a bit heavy. BTW have you heard of Gorrilla Glue and is it better than white Glue?
Old 12-22-2007, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Snibo

Yea I might use white glue on my next one. After all the extention I did it ended up a bit heavy. BTW have you heard of Gorrilla Glue and is it better than white Glue?
I have heard of it, one person used it to slightly doctor up his Soo after a not so good maden (he made a 6' one), and (so far) it looks cool, I think it would weight slightly more though[>:], so, i would go white, it bonds strong, flows easily (the other stuff sounds like a pain to work with)..... plus, you get white on your hands, no prob, wash them off, other stuff, IDK, you maybe pulling skin off[sm=what_smile.gif][sm=48_48.gif]
Old 12-22-2007, 05:00 PM

Snibo:
Do you have Sumo Glue there made by Locktite? It is like GG but dries white instead of that crappy Baby S--- brown-yellow. Also it doesnt foam up as bad and sets up about twice as fast as GG, but still needs to cure overnite for good strength. I switched and it is a lot better to work with. I read somewhere that GG was coming out with the same fomrula but havent really looked for it yet, got plenty of Sumo left because it takes so little on a joint.

Keep after it!!!!!!
Bob