Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Chapman foamie cap

Old 11-25-2007, 09:11 PM
jdkxtreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chapman foamie cap

Well I just got done building the cap 580 matt chapman foamie..It says 2 to 3 hours..It took me 12..The clips for the hinges suck...Have not got to fly it yet..Anyone else wanna chime in?Good or bad about htis plane?
Old 11-25-2007, 09:22 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Chapman foamie cap

good luck[:@]
Old 11-25-2007, 10:16 PM
wings 540

Sorry to say, but don't count on anything amazing
Old 11-26-2007, 05:10 PM
3DSAVAGE

the flatouts are alright...but they are VERY weak, and break if u jerk them hard enough. so u should fly the thing indoors or if u have 2 fly it outside, PUT ANOTHER SPAR ON THE WING, like about 40% from the leading edge. it will fly better like that. also remove the gear, it breaks EVERY time u land in high grass etc. also don't fly it in wind over 5mph. the flatouts are greatly designed planes(minus the hinges, use tape and bevels the edges), but the airframe is weak. i had the flatana, sucked[]. more time in the shop than the air. so here's wat u need 2 do after u total that thing. buy another one that is good like the turmoil or both the bipes, don't build them, but trace the parts out on 6mm foam and build THAT. it will fly MUCH better, be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more durable, and u can put your own custom trim on it!