Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Grandson needs a plane. Help please!

Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Grandson needs a plane. Help please!

Old 11-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Backfired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grandson needs a plane. Help please!

I have been spending a fortune buying toy airplanes for my 4 year old grandson. At $30 bucks a pop these add up in costs real quick. I have a spare transmitter and micro servos and esc, etc. Does anyone know of a electric foam kit or build plan that would be suitable for a young child (with adult supervision of course) for indoor flying. Preferably 20" or less wing span and almost indestructable and real easy to fly. I have seen a few plans for a push plane but they were all huge. I am not opposed to purchasing a ready built plane as long as I can replace just the plane without have to purchase a new transmitter every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:00 PM
coolbean

Default RE: Grandson needs a plane. Help please!

Get an aero ace biplane and cut off the lower wing. Can sometimes catch them on sale for $15 at target. Just make sure you don't ever let it sit without running it for a long time cause the battery will go flat.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Fisher

How about an RC Hover disk.

http://www.rcdisc.com/catalog/produc...products_id=29

Add a little helium and the thing would just stop in mid air and go nose down until the little fella hit the throttle again. Replacement discs are cheap.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're wanting a plane for indoors, try and find something made of the almost indestructible material, EPP. You might also want to try one of those small parkzone 3ch planes, with 2.4 ghz. Should do nicely indoors, and looks easy to repair.

you might also want to try a phase 3 Rookie. It's made of EPP, and is an all out blast to fly. A lot of people say that they cannot wreck them, no matter how hard they smack the ground, or crash. It's 2 channels of button power/turning fun! And at only $39.99, it is a cheap buy. 6 ounces, 6 minutes of flight with transmitter charged battery, ~9 inch wingspan/length.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:06 AM
calvino

what about a slow stick or slo-v, personally I would go with the ss, since it is an ARF, you can get him a radio system that he can use on different planes[8D], radio's, servos.... can be picked up prety cheap off the net