Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Want to make my first flatout bipe! HELP!!

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Want to make my first flatout bipe! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:04 AM
stonecolded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to make my first flatout bipe! HELP!!

Hi guys...

I am looking for a good guide on how to build my own flatout bipe from scratch. I allready have a hacker A20-20L brushless motor with esc that i would like to use for this project so the cost will stay low. I will be useing 1800mah, 2000mah and 2150mah 3 cell li-po's That i also have lying around. Could anyone help me to find a nice plan that will fit this gear??? Never done this before so all good advice is welcome!! Thanks alot....Ed
Old 12-05-2007, 04:43 PM
calvino

Default RE: Want to make my first flatout bipe! HELP!!

not truely a profile, but may work with you, try [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606425]this plan[/link]
Old 12-08-2007, 05:02 PM
stonecolded

Thanks for your reply Calvino, it looks like a nice flying plane. I'll print it out and give it a try! Thanks alot!
Old 12-08-2007, 06:53 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: stonecolded

Thanks for your reply Calvino, it looks like a nice flying plane. I'll print it out and give it a try! Thanks alot!
oh, you are very welcome, I also plan to make one, once I progress in my flying skills
Old 12-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Flyin C

Oh, nice suggestion Calvino! I always wanted to make that bipe, but I will give 3D flying a try when I get my plane for christmas and see if I like that style of flying, it sure does look cool!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:56 AM
stonecolded

The RC universe bipe or an airfoilz bipe will be the next option if this does not work out, they both look like good planes.
Can i use a futaba skysport4 for this?
Old 12-11-2007, 11:33 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: stonecolded

The RC universe bipe or an airfoilz bipe will be the next option if this does not work out, they both look like good planes.
Can i use a futaba skysport4 for this?
that is a good idea to have a backup plan, um, prob, i am guessing it is a radio system
any 4 ch and up should work fine[8D]
Old 03-14-2010, 01:01 AM
CWPOWELL

Got mine flying today had it built for two years and final got the gear to finish it
I put it up for the 1st time tonight in a parking lot next door with street lights it flew great and landed in the tall grass without any repairs needed.
Cant wait till tomorrow my Super Cub has a wing man now.

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25308.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1397563   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21006.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1397564   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36546.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1397565  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:02 PM
zephyrplanes

The skysport doesn't have any adjustments right?(no atv,end points, or dual rates)   If you are going to use this radio then set up the pushrods with minimum deflection.  Since it is a futaba I am pretty sure it should have 3 springs for the sticks tighten them puppies up all the way and if you have adjustable sticks raise them up all the way or put a piece of fuel tubing over them and add 3/8" or so to the sticks.  This makes you have to move the stick farther to move the surface and can help prevent you from over correcting.  I use a old futaba attack am radio for my 3d plane  No dual rates no expo etc! Just tightened up springs and longer sticks.  Check out manufacturers and distributors websites most have pdf manuals for their planes and you can use what you need from each one and get some ideas.  Check out BP hobbies they have manuals there for free.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:14 PM
tam popo

Stonecolded....first, don't believe Calvino can't fly - he can, I've seen his vids etc.
OK, what are using for base material, EPP, Depron or Artists Board? I've heard its hard to get Depron in Thailand, is that right? I'm in the (long) process od building a Bipe from Artists Board based on the 4-Site 250 by E-Flite and its coming along nicely....the weight is fairly low and I'll only need a Blue Wonder motor aand 500 2S to power it. I have no plans, I just measured up the plane using photos and a scale rule etc, and it worked. Good luck my fiend, let us know how it flies.....
See at the Club CalV......