Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Dynam Focuss 400ep

Old 12-07-2007, 03:07 AM
DaxFX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynam Focuss 400ep

Dynam Focuss 400ep. any1 got this bird. I need a little bit of feedback on how it handles . I have seen a video with very fast maneuvers.

Can I fly it with a 2 sell lipo instead of the factory 3 cell ?
I have a futaba tx that can be set to high and low rates on servo. will be better to learn on low rate? how much % I can set the rates for low in this plane?
she can glide? can I fly slow without get a wing stall

any advice will be good.. My experience is with Super CUB , slo-v, firebird Phantom, aerobird SWIFT (FAILURE wing stall every time hand launched) (give up)
Old 12-07-2007, 07:12 AM
SlabBro

Default RE: Dynam Focuss 400ep

Dax, if it is the bird i'm thinking of then it's a spirited performer. If you're not used to this kind of bird, patience will pay off. As far as the lipo, the difference between is 1 cell. the 2 cell is fine for starting out. less torque than the 3 cell but fine for "gettin the feel". I've learned some harsh lessons on rates. set you're low rates no higher than the recomended throws. It may seem the low rate throws are awful minimal, but at higher speed it doesn't need much. Most planes have a high rate recomendation also. Start there, and when the feel is there, add more high rate if you're comfortable. The other thing you may wish to try, if your futaba is a computer style, add about 15% expo on the low rates and about 20-25% on the high rates. it will "soften" the sticks on the radio so they aren't so touchy. Helps keep the bird from looking like a twitchy anklebiter in the air. good luck!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:57 AM
DaxFX

thanks very much for the input...... very helpful hints ....!!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:04 PM
DaxFX

thanks very much for the input...... very helpful hints ....!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76800.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	820363