Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Servos to use in Sobre'

Old 02-24-2008, 02:04 PM
206driver
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos to use in Sobre'

I'm bulding an Eflite Sobre' so far so good. Getting down to the point to decide what to do for servos. I know that the kit recommends using the Eflite S60's but I'm wondering about using ones from another aircraft that is not in use. The S60 servo weighs 2 grams less than the specs for any other servo I look at. I'm wondering if using HS-55's will hurt the performance of it seeing that they weigh 2 grams more than the S60. Though they have a higher torque output so maybe they would make up for it there.

The servos that are in the other airplane are a couple of JR ds-285 and some other off brands that put out 26oz @ 4.8

I think that the servos that are in the other plane are more suited for that setup being that it is a full body 3D plane.

Any thoughts guys?

Dave
Old 02-24-2008, 04:52 PM
jdetray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servos to use in Sobre'

Hi Dave -

HS-55s will be fine. The Sobre' instructions mention using 7.5g servos, which are only 0.5g lighter than the HS-55s. So don't sweat it!

- Jeff
Old 02-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Xpress

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servos to use in Sobre'

HS 55s will work brilliantly. HS 45s ight work a bit better, but they are both about the same. Now, dropping in some HS5055 digital servos (HS 55 digital)will be like throwing steroids into your controlls. Super fast, and resists blowback.