Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Charger CR1

Old 04-22-2008, 09:24 PM
victorzamora

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger CR1

There isn't a Charger CR1 thread here yet, so I decided to make one. I'll start with my set-up. Add your own, and add pictures/reviews if you've got 'em!!

I just got my Charger CR-1 on Monday, but I bought the equipment for it this past Thursday. It's got a Park 450 890kv on a Phoenix Thunderbird 18 ESC. Rx is a Hitec 05s, battery is a Flight Power 1345 3s1p Lipo. Servos are all Hitec HS-65. I think that's it for equipment. Anyway, I spent about 2 hours on Monday night putting it together and like 3 hours today putting it together. A lot of the time I kind of wasted. My mom's been kind of sick, so I was taking care of stuff while she was at the Dr's office (nothing major). Anyway, the build is going well...but beveling the flight surfaces is such a time-consuming job! I don't have metal rulers or any really sharp exacto knives around here (my mom cut a chunk of her thumb of a couple years ago and I've been reluctant to put a sharp object within her grasp (kinda sounds like I'm HER mom!)) I used a block of wood and sand paper to bevel the edges and it worked pretty well. I should be able to fly it sometime this week. All that's left to do is install the engine, ESC, Rx, and set up the elevator and rudder pushrods. Flight report is coming soon.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:09 PM
victorzamora

Default RE: Charger CR1

Where do the battery, rx, and ESC go? I have no idea where they go or how to put them there.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:59 PM
meridianflyer

Just use velcro with the sticky back, I attached mine to the verticl fuse under the horizontal fuse. I did the same for the battery also, I added extra long piece of velcro on the fuse for the battery, that way I could move the cg around.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:23 AM
victorzamora

I added all that stuff, I was going to maiden it Wednesda night, but wasn't able to due to the fact that it was eight o'clock at night. I've been at the beach since then....but plan on flying it tonight.

I'm DYING to fly the darn thing.