Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

OPTIC 6 Two Alerion Servo's - set up

Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

OPTIC 6 Two Alerion Servo's - set up

Old 04-11-2009, 12:53 PM
eclozon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OPTIC 6 Two Alerion Servo's - set up

I am using an optic 6 with a Hitec micro 05s reciever. I am putting in a foamie with two alerion servo's. The only way I can get the second (channel 6) servo to operate is by using the flaperion option. Is this the best way to set it up or should I just use a "Y" adapter.

thanks
Ed
Old 04-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Spid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OPTIC 6 Two Alerion Servo's - set up

ORIGINAL: eclozon

I am using an optic 6 with a Hitec micro 05s reciever. I am putting in a foamie with two alerion servo's. The only way I can get the second (channel 6) servo to operate is by using the flaperion option. Is this the best way to set it up or should I just use a "Y" adapter.

thanks
Ed
I ran into the same problem. The 05s has CH 1-4 , CH6 as its 5 channels. Problem is the Optic 6 uses CH1 and CH6 for its Flaperon function.

The "best way" (IMHO) is to snag a 6ch Rx and use CH1, CH5 and the ADIF function on the Optic 6 to control the 2 aileron servos. This is the setup I always use for 2 aileron servos on their own channels as I use an Optic 6 Tx too.

If it is not that important/critical to have each aileron servo on its own channel (ex. a foamie parkflyer or foamie warbird that you are just going to fly around and do std aerobatics/Non 3D moves) and you do not want to buy a 6ch Rx, then just use the "Y" connector.

Maybe someone else will chime in with another option but I could not get what you are trying to do to work with my Optic 6 Tx and a Micro 05s Rx in any other way than what you posted.

Hope this helps!