Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Hotrodding the E-flite Apprentice?

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Hotrodding the E-flite Apprentice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 10:39 AM
roflmcwaffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hotrodding the E-flite Apprentice?

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Su...ProdId=EFL2725 they must have been recieving complaints about weak pegs, so they posted a solution here to keep them on securely, just apply a couple drops of CA glue (super glue, krazy glue, etc.) I'm planning on doing this first thing

And thanks for the quick responses on the charger, i'm going to try and get mine hooked into an AC adapter, probably how larry suggested
Thanks
ORIGINAL: rhampton

i really am glad to hear people are Modifying and havn a blast with the E-Flite Apprentice. I have the stock version and now after hearing this, i want to Modify mine and put a Power 25 in there. I to am having a issue also with the Pegs being week and are really bending and working it's way towards the top. I had too much ruber bands on there and is now using less but i still notice that the pegs are bent when the Rubber bands are on. the Pegs are still in the Fuse but what's the chance that i can loose the wing. How damaged do the pegs have to be.
Also i dont have those tools that Dr. bojangles suggest.. Is there another Alternative? i Rather Focus on this First before Modyfing the motor. I really need to resolve this Peg Issue. Is there anything i can buy from Home Depo?

Reggie
Old 10-25-2010, 04:23 PM
mickvk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hotrodding the E-flite Apprentice?

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but another thing you should do if you bulk up on the weight is to consider reinforcing the wing with. I almost folded my wings doing a fast loop and almost crashed. Then I routed out a channel in the wing, glued in a carbon rod, and now it puts up with my abuse just fine