Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

HZ Super Cub Landing Brake

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 04:06 PM
ozgunu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HZ Super Cub Landing Brake

I just maidened my hobbyzone super cub today. it was my very first rc flight. It all went well until landing. It did land, but i couldn't manage to decrease the speed so it can stop before going out of the runway (whatever, asphalt area, lets say). So it hit a street lamp and the back of the wing was totally broken (the back part of the wing that touches the fuselase came off).I am thinking of adding my airplane some kind of brake but really have no idea how to do it. Maybe someone has already tried something like that before?
Old 09-28-2009, 01:29 PM
netdudeuk

Default RE: HZ Super Cub Landing Brake

You don't need brakes. What you need to do is plan your landing approach better. Turn it around towards your landing area with enough distance to allow you to let it sink down steadily and in time. If you don't think that you can put it down with some field to spare for roll-out, simply apply power and take it round again. Do everything smoothly
Old 09-29-2009, 09:50 AM
ozgunu

Yeah Idefinitely need to practice that. Ifigured out that the aera to land is not long enough, cause when Icut the throttle and leave my plane glide to land, it always passes through! Trying to use the elevator a little bit for getting closer to the ground, but this increases the speed! It seems like it's time to find a new place to fly on lol.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:05 AM
netdudeuk

ORIGINAL: ozgunu

Yeah I definitely need to practice that. I figured out that the aera to land is not long enough, cause when I cut the throttle and leave my plane glide to land, it always passes through! Trying to use the elevator a little bit for getting closer to the ground, but this increases the speed! It seems like it's time to find a new place to fly on lol.
Yes, if a model's in danger of stalling you can push the nose down to increase air speed to avoid it dropping in. Of course, you need to be high enough to be able to do that

It seems like you're learning something. It may be a good idea to get somewhere more suitable to fly in order to avoid damage to plane and confidence.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:21 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Yeah, when you're first starting out, try to get a place with lots of open area to fly & land. As you get more experienced, you'll be able to fly & land in smaller areas, and avoid trees, street lamps, etc.