Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Why does it take so long to get stuff fixed on this forum??

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Why does it take so long to get stuff fixed on this forum??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 05:20 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Why does it take so long to get stuff fixed on this forum??

I’m just curious why this forum takes a year or more to get all of its bugs fixed to get the forum back running correctly?

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 12-09-2017 at 05:48 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:24 PM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That answer is two-fold. Partly, there will always be compatibility issues. Either some devices/software is too old or too new to know all the kinks. Another is that most RCU resources are currently being used to develop something much bigger for the site.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:59 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Phenomenal. ������

Good luck. Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, Happy new year, etc.

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 12-14-2017 at 04:50 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:57 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

When can we expect to see this next big thing and will it function properly upon its launch or will it need a year to debug it? We are less than 4 months from the one-year mark of the last “upgrade”...

Im just saying. I hate *****ing about the site because this place used to be far more
civilized than most other RC sites. RCTech is inundated with malicious ads and redirects, and RCGroups just sucks... bad. Please for the love of the hobby (for those of us who actually participate in it) fix this site. Offer a membership program or something if your company doesn’t want to spend the money on getting the damn thing fixed.

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 12-26-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:19 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
When can we expect to see this next big thing and will it function properly upon its launch or will it need a year to debug it? We are less than 4 months from the one-year mark of the last “upgrade”...

Im just saying. I hate *****ing about the site because this place used to be far more
civilized than most other RC sites. RCTech is inundated with malicious ads and redirects, and RCGroups just sucks... bad. Please for the love of the hobby (for those of us who actually participate in it) fix this site. Offer a membership program or something if your company doesn’t want to spend the money on getting the damn thing fixed.
Besides the ad issues, are there any actual bugs you are dealing with? We have no reports of any.

And by all means let me know why RCG sucks The more we can differentiate from them, the better...

As to the ads, I am waiting on word from my ad ops people about a new initiative to lessen the burden of the bad advertisers on the RCU community. No eta but I will keep you posted.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:19 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Originally Posted by IBobi
Besides the ad issues, are there any actual bugs you are dealing with? We have no reports of any.

And by all means let me know why RCG sucks The more we can differentiate from them, the better...

As to the ads, I am waiting on word from my ad ops people about a new initiative to lessen the burden of the bad advertisers on the RCU community. No eta but I will keep you posted.
I’ve posted my bugs in the forum problems thread. I’ve posted other threads about it too that IBJoel pretty much told me won’t be fixed because there are better things to do.

Picture viewer doesn’t work correctly. Photos do not display half the time and must be downloaded to be viewed.

Photo upload errors if uploading images taken and uploaded from a mobile device. Errors if uploading more than 3 images as well. Errors uploading images edited on mobile devices.

My biggest beef: I have been unable to collapse the subforums I do not read since the upgrade in April. Literally there are four forum sections I read. I have to scroll the entire forum page every single visit. Most often I use a mobile device and before the upgrade, the forum collapse function still worked fine.

The fact is mobile devices are here to stay. IBJoel told me there will devices that are too new for the forum and some things won’t work right on some devices. If RCU will ever re-surpass RCG as the go-to RC forum site and get back to its former glory, this thing needs to run like a Swiss watch on all devices. Other than some rogue google ads, RCG runs smooth and consistent and forum upgrades are rarely noticed which is why I see MUCH more traffic over there than here. I have been here a long time and have a LOT of posts. I’ve devoted a LOT of time here and for good reason. I want to keep that trend going.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:30 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Dude,, the sooner you accept these guys in El Segundo don't care or are unable to fix the site the easier it will be to just move on,, I mean really,, "are there any actual bugs" C'mon man, that's just condescending

I learned to like RCG, nothing there really to fear,, LOL,, and the forums works

Happy new year
Old 12-31-2017, 05:20 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Dude,, the sooner you accept these guys in El Segundo don't care or are unable to fix the site the easier it will be to just move on,, I mean really,, "are there any actual bugs" C'mon man, that's just condescending

I learned to like RCG, nothing there really to fear,, LOL,, and the forums works

Happy new year
Yeah yeah yeah.. I know. I just can’t stand RCG and their horrid moderation system and constant trolling by a select few members they refuse to ban. A good thread topic gets so muddled up with crap it’s hardly worth reading because you’ll have 10 pages of posts and 1-2 pages of worthwhile information. You just have to sift through 10 pages of crap first.

RCU has always been a much better site other than the bugs and glitches. I’m basically challenging admin to get the lead out. I don’t make it a habit of bi+ching just to bi+ch.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:09 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

We are currently testing a new photo uploader system to be rolled out and usable on both desktop and mobile. There are other updates coming to the mobile version of vBulletin, as well.

As for photo viewing errors, this is not a problem we have ever been able to replicate.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:03 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Originally Posted by IBJoel
We are currently testing a new photo uploader system to be rolled out and usable on both desktop and mobile. There are other updates coming to the mobile version of vBulletin, as well.

As for photo viewing errors, this is not a problem we have ever been able to replicate.
I don’t use the mobile version because it’s not as functional as the desktop version. I’ll try the new one when it comes out though I prefer the layout of the desktop better in general regardless.

Using an iPhone 7 on the latest (11.2 I think) iOS software as well as a Windows 7 PC using Firefox, the attached photo is what I get when I click images in my own thread here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ever...l#post12395029
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	7A080784-AFDD-4C7F-A418-3412E1C23C44.png
Views:	16
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	2249776  
Old 01-03-2018, 05:57 PM
IBobi

I don’t use the mobile version because it’s not as functional as the desktop version. I’ll try the new one when it comes out though I prefer the layout of the desktop better in general regardless.

Using an iPhone 7 on the latest (11.2 I think) iOS software as well as a Windows 7 PC using Firefox, the attached photo is what I get when I click images in my own thread here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ever...l#post12395029
I am using iPhone X, newest iOS, with Safari, and I opened your pics in that thread just fine. It took a second since I am on LTE but works.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:15 PM
scale only 4 me

98% of the time I get the same black screen,, Windows 10 lap top,, or my android phone,,,, how many time does this have to be said,,, This is the only site where these problems exist
Old 01-04-2018, 12:11 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
98% of the time I get the same black screen,, Windows 10 lap top,, or my android phone,,,, how many time does this have to be said,,, This is the only site where these problems exist
To fix a problem, we must be able to tell tech how to reproduce it.If I just tell them this is happening, they will try it for themselves and report that they cannot reproduce the issue.

I have just tested the "black photos" issue on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari for iPhone, and it is not doing that for me -- photos are displaying correctly. Also I think this is the first I have heard of this issue.

I recommend clearing cache, clearing RCU cookies, and trying again. Maybe try a different browser?
Old 01-04-2018, 04:53 PM
scale only 4 me

It's like groundhog day,, too funny
Old 01-04-2018, 06:49 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

To fix a problem, we must be able to tell tech how to reproduce it.If I just tell them this is happening, they will try it for themselves and report that they cannot reproduce the issue.

I have just tested the "black photos" issue on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari for iPhone, and it is not doing that for me -- photos are displaying correctly. Also I think this is the first I have heard of this issue.

I recommend clearing cache, clearing RCU cookies, and trying again. Maybe try a different browser?
Been there, done that, about 30 Times now. Are you guys using your admin account or a pedestrian account like us?

I give up. Seriously, nevermind and forget it. I’m making this all up to piss people off.

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 01-04-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:55 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

I am using iPhone X, newest iOS, with Safari, and I opened your pics in that thread just fine. It took a second since I am on LTE but works.
I’m happy it worked for you. It DOESN’T work for me on WiFi or LTE cellular network. It’s rare that it DOES work. Sometimes one or two photos will show with black screens for the rest.....

Like the forum collapse function (which doesn’t work at all and hasn’t since April).

Just forget about it. I’m saying uncle. I don’t care anymore.

UNCLE!!!

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 01-04-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:38 AM
flyboy2610

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Just forget about it. I’m saying uncle. I don’t care anymore.

UNCLE!!!
Come to the dark side. (Although I happen to know you're already there!)
Old 01-07-2018, 06:32 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Originally Posted by flyboy2610
Come to the dark side. (Although I happen to know you're already there!)
Yeah, well, the dark side was all screwed up today too.

It all goes to crap when some big corporation gets its hands on things. Then it all goes to hell it seems.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:17 PM
IBobi

I’m happy it worked for you. It DOESN’T work for me on WiFi or LTE cellular network. It’s rare that it DOES work. Sometimes one or two photos will show with black screens for the rest.....

Like the forum collapse function (which doesn’t work at all and hasn’t since April).

UNCLE!!!
Your frustration is understood. Some issues are really hard to work out; others are user-side issues. Maybe there's some weird fringe case going on here? I really don't know.

And as to the forum collapse issue, we have been aware of it and acknowledged this as a known bug last year; we await a full software update before this can be fixed. But it will be fixed.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:01 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

I’m tired of being frustrated. I’m tired of caring and trying to help. I don’t care what the problems are, what the solutions are, or the excuses/reasons for why things aren’t or can’t be solved anymore. You will get no more complaints or concerns from me. I’m done. Any further replies are unnecessary. Feel free to delete this thread.