Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 04:34 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

i been trying to tell you guys that, since IB bought RCU.
non hobby guys, will NEVER understand just what we really want...

Last edited by mongo; 01-02-2019 at 04:37 PM. Reason: garbage majickly inserted in post
Old 01-02-2019, 04:41 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
True,, that data base is gone,, so when someone checks someone's feedback,, the link to the old ad goes to a dead link,,, it's useless now,, did the guy sell $2 servo extensions or $2,000 models????

This is what happens when you have non hobby guys running a hobby site
Where are the links?

Actually this doesn't have anything to do with not being "hobby people," it's that we kept the old infrastructure in place for as long as we could for you guys, and before it actually collapsed, we replaced it with something that functions. And as you can see, when we get constructive feedback, we've been highly responsive So, let's keep that in mind.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:49 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by IBobi
Where are the links?

Actually this doesn't have anything to do with not being "hobby people," it's that we kept the old infrastructure in place for as long as we could for you guys, and before it actually collapsed, we replaced it with something that functions. And as you can see, when we get constructive feedback, we've been highly responsive So, let's keep that in mind.
Scratch that, I see the links.

Yeah, I'm afraid this is a casualty of the old marketplace's collapse. Wish we could maintain everything that's ever been on RCU, but that old software was custom and rickety, and sooner or later it had to go.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:15 AM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fail to understand why (other than just pure desire to not have to support a few hundred extra GB of data) if the old marketplace data was kept alive for a few weeks after the launch of the new marketplace, why it couldn't have been left permanently in that state. If the only transactions are reads, and no further updates or maintenance would be allowed, just how much trouble would that have been?
Old 01-03-2019, 11:21 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by RickVB
I fail to understand why (other than just pure desire to not have to support a few hundred extra GB of data) if the old marketplace data was kept alive for a few weeks after the launch of the new marketplace, why it couldn't have been left permanently in that state. If the only transactions are reads, and no further updates or maintenance would be allowed, just how much trouble would that have been?
It was broken.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:03 PM
RickVB

How was it broken? It seemed to work just fine for me just before it disappeared. As I said, information was missing from listings, but it was still useful as it was...
Old 01-14-2019, 02:07 PM
IBobi

How was it broken? It seemed to work just fine for me just before it disappeared. As I said, information was missing from listings, but it was still useful as it was...
Unsupportable code, I'm afraid. Outdated by 10+ years.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:20 PM
mmm
My Feedback: (2)

Been here since 2004... and soon no more; (it rhymes go figure) ----- Gave you a year but now can see Internet Brands (ib), owners of RC Universe, are the "Masters of Disaster" (you might want to trademark that). I will be keeping a list of Internet Brands sites close-by on my "web junk or garbage to avoid" list..... have a nice day.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:19 AM
RickVB

Actually, I'm making offline copies of all the threads I might someday want to refer to, as I fully expect to find a squatter at this URL someday. I recommend that everyone that has specific threads that have information they are interested in long term do the same.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:52 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by mmm
Been here since 2004... and soon no more; (it rhymes go figure) ----- Gave you a year but now can see Internet Brands (ib), owners of RC Universe, are the "Masters of Disaster" (you might want to trademark that). I will be keeping a list of Internet Brands sites close-by on my "web junk or garbage to avoid" list..... have a nice day.
Actually, I'm making offline copies of all the threads I might someday want to refer to, as I fully expect to find a squatter at this URL someday. I recommend that everyone that has specific threads that have information they are interested in long term do the same.
We understand both of your frustrations, and we're trying our best to create a forum that everyone can enjoy, but as we've said in the past, this is a process. Since last year we've instated numerous changes through periodic updates, and have kept track of the community concerns about the forums and the marketplace. We know there's still some outstanding concerns, and we are actively working to address them, as well as taking into consideration new concerns that are brought to our attention. We wish we could fix everything immediately, but the reality is that these things take time.

Like I said, we're trying to make RCU into a site that everyone enjoys, so community feedback is always welcomed. If there's anything specific you'd like to have addressed, just let us know and we'll try to work with you.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:45 PM
RickVB

Can't find a mention of this previously, but I can't believe no one else has noticed this (or am I just doing something wrong?).

General forum searches now include Marketplace items in the results. This, in general, is not desirable. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to exclude Marketplace threads from searches.

Oh, and by the way, selecting Search from the home page top menu is a dead link.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:41 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Can't find a mention of this previously, but I can't believe no one else has noticed this (or am I just doing something wrong?).

General forum searches now include Marketplace items in the results. This, in general, is not desirable. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to exclude Marketplace threads from searches.

Oh, and by the way, selecting Search from the home page top menu is a dead link.
Thanks for letting us know about the link, I've reported it to our tech team.

The reason that marketplace ads end up in new posts is because the marketplace is now part of the forum instead of it's own separate website.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:31 PM
RickVB

I didn't say new posts, I said general forum searches. I KNOW why they show up there; that's not the point. The point is the fact that not being able to exclude Marketplace threads from searches makes the feature not very useful, and as the number of Marketplace items increases over time will make it totally useless.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:47 AM
laiqalih

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi
How can I get my ratings back..
Old 04-16-2019, 06:10 AM
erieqc

Good luck
Old 04-16-2019, 06:12 AM
rhowardsta

Default Ratings

yes mine are gone too!! I have sent several requests for explanation but no reply.... please explain how to get these back ... if possible

thanks
Ray
Old 04-16-2019, 09:30 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by laiqalih
Hi
How can I get my ratings back..
Originally Posted by rhowardsta
yes mine are gone too!! I have sent several requests for explanation but no reply.... please explain how to get these back ... if possible

thanks
Ray
If you haven't had any transaction in the last year, they will not show up in your itrader account. If you'd like to see a history of all your prior transaction, those can be viewed under "my feedback" below your avatar.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:50 AM
rhowardsta

They all look like zeros to me .... Ray
Old 04-17-2019, 07:27 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by rhowardsta

They all look like zeros to me .... Ray
iTrader ratings aren't available on mobile yet, but we're working on getting them up in a future update.