Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Sending Messages Confusion

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Sending Messages Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 06:55 AM
Cashpoboy
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sending Messages Confusion

Whenever you 'reply' to a message, it opens up all this extra data including all previous messages as well as what appears to be programming code.This is very confusing.
I am not sure if I should type at the beginning or the end. It appears that you can type at either end.
Why does it not simply open an empty box to type in so there is no confusion?
Everyone else on the net uses the empty box method. Why does RCUniverse use this VERY confusing system?
Old 08-29-2019, 08:06 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cashpoboy
Whenever you 'reply' to a message, it opens up all this extra data including all previous messages as well as what appears to be programming code.This is very confusing.
I am not sure if I should type at the beginning or the end. It appears that you can type at either end.
Why does it not simply open an empty box to type in so there is no confusion?
Everyone else on the net uses the empty box method. Why does RCUniverse use this VERY confusing system?
Hi Cash,

You can type at the beginning or end of that. I usually prefer to respond at the top, since that's similar to how email looks. On that note, keeping a record of the entire conversation so everyone can keep track is essentially the same way most email systems work, some just condense or hide it. If you're not a fan, you can simply delete all the text you don't want.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:32 AM
Cashpoboy

Also, why is it so difficult to find messages sent to me? I finally figured out that the sender was a 'visitor'. The only way to find their messages was to click on the bell and then click 'Unapproved Visitor Messages'???? What the heck kind of jacked up system is this?

Why aren't all of my messages in one easy to read location like ALL email systems are on the planet? This system is not even slightly intuitive.
Is there any way to change this?
Old 08-29-2019, 09:36 AM
Cashpoboy

RC Universe has some really great things to offer. The communication system is so poor, however, that I usually go to Flying Giants and RC Groups first. It is unfortunate. I really wish they would get some better website developers working on simplifying this site. They could easily dominate if they did.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:41 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cashpoboy
Also, why is it so difficult to find messages sent to me? I finally figured out that the sender was a 'visitor'. The only way to find their messages was to click on the bell and then click 'Unapproved Visitor Messages'???? What the heck kind of jacked up system is this?

Why aren't all of my messages in one easy to read location like ALL email systems are on the planet? This system is not even slightly intuitive.
Is there any way to change this?
Visitor messages are generally rare (because they are public), but your notifications are all in the same place, the bell in the top right, just like you used. This is the exact way Facebook displays notifications and the way you'd switch email addresses and apps on Gmail.