Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

RCU issues

Old 12-18-2019, 09:08 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RCU issues

Something changed with RCU. I used to get new posts on top of the thread. Now they go the the end and I have to scroll fore er to find the new stuff. Where/how do I change the order of the new posts?
Old 12-18-2019, 09:43 AM
FenderBean

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

They did new updates I had to reset my password and there is no option to stay logged in so I have to re-login every time i come the site. uggh
Old 12-18-2019, 09:48 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I dont have to log in each time
Old 12-18-2019, 09:49 AM
T3chDad

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tp777fo View Post
Something changed with RCU. I used to get new posts on top of the thread. Now they go the the end and I have to scroll fore er to find the new stuff. Where/how do I change the order of the new posts?
  • Go to your user control panel: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/usercp.php
  • Select "Edit Options" on the left hand pane.
  • Scroll about halfway down and find "Thread Display Options".
  • Select your desired option for "Thread Display Mode".
Posts like this should probably go in the support forum: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-u...e-support-230/
Old 12-18-2019, 12:17 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I can only post pictures from my iPad, my pc now stops the upload at 90% what ever size I make the picture!
Old 12-18-2019, 12:20 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Moved to proper forum
Old 12-18-2019, 03:20 PM
IBJoel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere View Post
I can only post pictures from my iPad, my pc now stops the upload at 90% what ever size I make the picture!
Are you using "manage attachments" below the text editor box or clicking on the "postcard" icon in the top ribbon?
Old 12-18-2019, 10:05 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

PLEASE, just give me a simple link to the "my page" so I can find the forums I've followed for years without a bunch of nonsense hunting around the website!
Old 12-19-2019, 04:28 AM
T3chDad

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
PLEASE, just give me a simple link to the "my page" so I can find the forums I've followed for years without a bunch of nonsense hunting around the website!
Post #4 above. Also, at the left of the top menu bar on every page of the site: "User CP"
Old 12-19-2019, 07:17 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Originally Posted by T3chDad View Post
Post #4 above. Also, at the left of the top menu bar on every page of the site: "User CP"
T3chDad is correct. "User CP" is your gateway to accessing all of your info and that link is available on every page.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:35 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On many threads that I follow the see last unread post feature no longer works. If I click last unread post it takes me to post #1. Odd thing is, it doesn't do this on all the posts I follow nor is it even consistent with the same post as posts are added. Sometimes it takes me to post 1, sometimes the latest unread post.

Also, for some time now when typing on my phone, If I double click the space bar it is supposed to leave a period and a space. It works fine on every other forum I go to but on RCU if I do that it does thi . See the s is missing on "this"? It deletes the last letter I type and leaves a space before the period.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:39 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix View Post
On many threads that I follow the see last unread post feature no longer works. If I click last unread post it takes me to post #1. Odd thing is, it doesn't do this on all the posts I follow nor is it even consistent with the same post as posts are added. Sometimes it takes me to post 1, sometimes the latest unread post.

Also, for some time now when typing on my phone, If I double click the space bar it is supposed to leave a period and a space. It works fine on every other forum I go to but on RCU if I do that it does thi . See the s is missing on "this"? It deletes the last letter I type and leaves a space before the period.
Is the "Last Unread Post" problem also on mobile? If it's on desktop, do you have Infinite Scroll enabled or "Display Newest First" as your thread display setting? What type of mobile device are you using?
Old 01-03-2020, 10:29 AM
LGM Graphix

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Is the "Last Unread Post" problem also on mobile? If it's on desktop, do you have Infinite Scroll enabled or "Display Newest First" as your thread display setting? What type of mobile device are you using?
on mobile using samsung S8 and chrome.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:57 PM
IBJoel

on mobile using samsung S8 and chrome.
Are you using mobile skin or Full Site? I clicked a few "First Unread Post" buttons in the mobile skin, but seemed OK.
Old 01-03-2020, 01:52 PM
LGM Graphix

Are you using mobile skin or Full Site? I clicked a few "First Unread Post" buttons in the mobile skin, but seemed OK.
the mobile site. I'll try to find the threads it's doing it on and post links.
Old 01-03-2020, 01:56 PM
LGM Graphix

I have followed this thread since it started. It only takes me to post 1

Will the FAA kill model flying...?

this thread sometimes takes me to first unread post, other times to post 1

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Old 01-23-2020, 08:22 AM
LGM Graphix

It's still happening. This is a thread I started and up until post 24 it would take me to the last post if that's what I clicke . Since post 24 it now only takes me to the first post.
android phone using google chrome.

Powerbox core radio question
Old 01-23-2020, 02:36 PM
IBJoel

It's still happening. This is a thread I started and up until post 24 it would take me to the last post if that's what I clicke . Since post 24 it now only takes me to the first post.
android phone using google chrome.

Powerbox core radio question
Does the "View First Unread" button inside the thread work for you? I tested on Chrome/Android and could not replicate on the posts you provided me, but I'm still looking into it.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:32 AM
LGM Graphix

Does the "View First Unread" button inside the thread work for you? I tested on Chrome/Android and could not replicate on the posts you provided me, but I'm still looking into it.
No sir it does not.