Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Disturbing advertising emails

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Disturbing advertising emails

Old 01-14-2020, 04:52 AM
Nickelarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disturbing advertising emails

Hi all

I am continually receiving unwanted emails via this group with advertisements about various medical conditions and with "mircale cures". for them. I do not wish to receive these and Im sure most other members are not here to see them either. Is this usual for a forum such as this, or is it because this is an American run group and this sort of thing is more widely accepted in the US?
You can probably guess I am not in the USA but I would prefer to opt out of seeing them if possible. Perhaps someone knows the answer on how to do this.
The latest article promotes a cure for "leaky gut" and, like the others I have seen, is probably based on a lot of unproven misinformation, yet you have to sit through about 20 minutes of video. The inevitable "catch" is saved when you reach the end with the news that it will probably cost you quite a lot of cash to purchase if you wish to. Are the people administering this forum aware that it is being used to promote this sort of thing? Surely it would be better to use this medium to advertise items related to the hobby rather than all this medical stuff?

Regards

Nick

Old 01-14-2020, 05:02 AM
T3chDad

Try posting it in the suggestions or problems forums. Just like the very thing you're complaining about, it doesn't belong here in the RC Jets forum.

P.S. I'm getting these too and simply flag them as spam.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:35 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moved to proper area.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:53 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by Nickelarse View Post
Hi all

I am continually receiving unwanted emails via this group with advertisements about various medical conditions and with "mircale cures". for them. I do not wish to receive these and Im sure most other members are not here to see them either. Is this usual for a forum such as this, or is it because this is an American run group and this sort of thing is more widely accepted in the US?
You can probably guess I am not in the USA but I would prefer to opt out of seeing them if possible. Perhaps someone knows the answer on how to do this.
The latest article promotes a cure for "leaky gut" and, like the others I have seen, is probably based on a lot of unproven misinformation, yet you have to sit through about 20 minutes of video. The inevitable "catch" is saved when you reach the end with the news that it will probably cost you quite a lot of cash to purchase if you wish to. Are the people administering this forum aware that it is being used to promote this sort of thing? Surely it would be better to use this medium to advertise items related to the hobby rather than all this medical stuff?

Regards

Nick
Yes, this is pretty common in the US. If you would not like to receive those emails anymore, just click "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of that email.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:57 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

What makes you think they're from "this group?" Are they coming from an rcuniverse email?

Anyway I get ****loads of spam, but have never noticed anything that looked like it came to me via rcu.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:47 AM
Nickelarse

They've got the RC universe logo on so it seems so. The address the latest one is from is : rcuniverse@travel.ibemail.com
I'm apparently subsciribed as I get the RC universe newsletters?
Old 01-14-2020, 07:13 PM
David Eichstedt
My Feedback: (17)

Originally Posted by Auburn02 View Post
What makes you think they're from "this group?" Are they coming from an rcuniverse email?

Anyway I get ****loads of spam, but have never noticed anything that looked like it came to me via rcu.
Oh yeah, I've been getting them too. From RC Universe.
Old 01-15-2020, 04:02 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Yes, this is pretty common in the US. If you would not like to receive those emails anymore, just click "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of that email.
Careful with "unsubscribe". Some use it as a way to confirm that you have a valid email account....then the spam flood gates open. Just use your outlook spam filter whenever possible.
Old 01-15-2020, 04:43 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconWings View Post
Careful with "unsubscribe". Some use it as a way to confirm that you have a valid email account....then the spam flood gates open. Just use your outlook spam filter whenever possible.
No need for that, it just unsubscribes you and doesn't affect your forum subscription notifications.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 09:10 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by FalconWings View Post
As I have direct contact with the team that sends these emails, I can assure you that is emphatically not true.