Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

The new "Like" feature ????

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

The new "Like" feature ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 01:19 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default The new "Like" feature ????

Just curious , is there a good reason why the new "like" feature is active in every RCU subforum except one ?
And which one is that ?
Of course , it's the "AMA Discussions" subforum !

I'd like an answer as to why it's not enabled in the AMA subforum , and when it is going to be activated .........

Old 02-04-2020, 10:55 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Just curious , is there a good reason why the new "like" feature is active in every RCU subforum except one ?
And which one is that ?
Of course , it's the "AMA Discussions" subforum !

I'd like an answer as to why it's not enabled in the AMA subforum , and when it is going to be activated .........
Because those can veer a little off topic and get piled on, we decided to not enable it there.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:52 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Because those can veer a little off topic and get piled on, we decided to not enable it there.

IBJoel , with all due respect , I for one do not agree with that decision , what's good for 99% of the forum should be good for the other 1% too

PS , did you consider that with the Like feature enabled , maybe the people might tone down the "piling on" posts ?

Also , show me one subforum here where the posts never stray off topic , just one .

I would like for you to consider enabling it on a trial basis , and let the AMA subforum respondents actions decide whether it's good for the AMA subforum or not .
Never having it enabled is punishing behavior that hasn't happened .....
Old 02-04-2020, 02:55 PM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
IBJoel , with all due respect , I for one do not agree with that decision , what's good for 99% of the forum should be good for the other 1% too

PS , did you consider that with the Like feature enabled , maybe the people might tone down the "piling on" posts ?

Also , show me one subforum here where the posts never stray off topic , just one .

I would like for you to consider enabling it on a trial basis , and let the AMA subforum respondents actions decide whether it's good for the AMA subforum or not .
Never having it enabled is punishing behavior that hasn't happened .....
We determined which forums to leave it off of after conferring with the moderator team. I did not personally select the forums.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:09 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by IBJoel
We determined which forums to leave it off of after conferring with the moderator team. I did not personally select the forums.
So , since your a site administrator , can you confer with the moderator(s) of the AMA subforum again and discuss what I asked , to enable it on a trial basis ?

It would be great to let it run for a while and note the results . If it resulted in any negative behavior sure I'd be the first one to say "shut it off" . But what if it has the effect I believe it would have , the effect of people being nicer in their posts , wouldn't that be the positive result that the Like Post feature is supposed to foster in the first place ?

I believe the posters of the AMA subforum deserve the opportunity to stand or fall on their (our) own merit , rather than be denied simply because of what "might" happen .....
Old 02-04-2020, 04:32 PM
init4fun

PS , you may notice I've got 4 likes , those are for my poll thread up in the Clubhouse discussing the Like Post feature . Right now that thread is at 50/50 out of 8 respondents as to whether the feature is a good thing for RCU in general , and that doesn't specifically focus on the AMA subfourm but instead considers the entirety of RCU ....