Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Java script error

Old 03-31-2004, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Java script error

Why do I all of a sudden start receiving a java script error popup window upon entering RCU. The page starts fine, its only when I first logon to the site.

It appears that there may be some sort of popup trying to come in and if that is the case my popup blocker is not allowing it to view.

Oh and if this is the case please don't ask me to disable my popup blocker case that's not an option.

Thanks
Blackie
Old 03-31-2004, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Java script error

I got that until I updated my "Personal Security Question" in settings.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Java script error

blackie,

that is a one time notice which alarms you that you have not set your personal security question. It is a new measure which helps facilitate lost password recovery. You can go to MyAccount and click "edit" on the personal information section. Then just scroll down to the password hint area which reads:

Choose a question and then write in an answer. If you ever forget your password and want to retrieve it instantly online, you can answer your question and get your password onscreen without waiting for an email.

fill it out and submit and then you won't get the popup warning anymore. also most popupblockers will let you selectively opt in a single website. You could do that if yours supports it. We don't have popup ads on RCU of any kind. This is a one time security alert because the password recovery is a nightmare when guys forget their passwords and change emails plus a bevy of other scenarios we ran into.