Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
 what happened to the VMAR sub forum?  n/m >

what happened to the VMAR sub forum? n/m

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

what happened to the VMAR sub forum? n/m

Old 05-04-2004, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what happened to the VMAR sub forum? n/m

?
Old 05-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: what happened to the VMAR sub forum? n/m

they decided not to support it so we removed it.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:20 PM
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What was the reason they gave? Was this the VMAR manufacturer or just the distributor?
Old 05-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Banned

I think richmond rc which distributes vmar
Old 05-08-2004, 08:26 AM

Looks like they lasted about as long as the ARF's they sell ;-]
Old 05-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: IronCross

Looks like they lasted about as long as the ARF's they sell ;-]

Actually erick royer here just did a review of a vmar trainer and he loved the darn thing. He said it was really well built and he has a blast flying it. This from a guy who loves flying 3D planes...go figure.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:40 AM

Different strokes for different folks I guess...
Old 05-16-2004, 10:46 PM

that vmar direct support forum belonged in the crash pictures and descussion forum. they came in here and they probably got so much negative feedback that they simply left. i doubt they will find a better mfg to sell though. they dont take the hint. years of selling POS and they still dont get it... probably the reason he loved it was because it is kinda hard to screw up too badly on a trainer. it will still be stable, and it shouldn't be too heavy because of the general design.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:57 AM

Funny thing about Vmar... There designs are great and the planes I have flown/seen all fly great... Problem is the funny wood they use warps like crazy and there covering which looks nice initially doesn't stand up.... IMHO if they would use all balsa and ply and switch to a better covering they would have some real winners...
Old 05-17-2004, 09:03 AM

it would help a lot but they would still need some design changes i think. i have found that they do stuff like shorten the fuselage on the cap to save weight while making controls very inneficient. most of the problem though i think is their wood. they are a little heavy i think
Old 05-17-2004, 09:24 AM
My Feedback: (24)

One man's opinion...

Richmond RC is not a giant operation and they are pretty well committed to importing from the S.E. Asia/Vietnam area. One problem for their source is the poor availability of good balsa, etc. at competitive prices. The types of covering they use are not to the standards that other ARF suppliers have evolved and Richmond doesn't seem to 'want' to change. Lets face it, the guy has a niche in the market and is making enough profit to get by, so he's not motivated to compete with higher tier importers/suppliers. VMAR is what it is and as long as he's selling at an acceptable rate. It seems the business decision will stay as it is. It's a shame since they have some neat planes and ingenious construction concepts weighed down in mediocre materials and such.

It's a business, not a quest for the best ARF in the market for them, albeit with good intentions. In another field, I've been there and have the T-shirt to prove it.

quint
Old 05-17-2004, 09:36 AM

but still. I got my extreme flight yak for just over $100 more and it has the most beautiful construction i have ever seen, uses real oracover (not the cheaper film stuff that is made by them that they usually use) and it is considerably larger, yet weighs just as much. came with CF wingtube and composite lg and such all standard. totally oposite ends of the market for only $100 more. i think that vmar should start selling some better models too so that their reputation wont be so tarnished
Old 01-23-2010, 09:39 PM
My Feedback: (2)

They probably got tired of all the negative posts.I recently purchased 2 engine stands from them.I chose to have them overnighted so I would have had the one that was for me to run an engine I have.They took it upon themselves to change it to ground shipping.OK you say maybe it was a mistake.So I called and started the conversation with the ?itch that answered the phone in a very polite manner thinking that it was a mistake.Maybe she's just tired of all the negative phone calls.I know it will be the last time I deal with the.