RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Forum questions or problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/)
-   -   Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/11584402-report-bugs-new-vbulletin-forum-here.html)

acerc 08-06-2013 03:55 PM

Nathan not my models. The models of others. If you (Nathan) were saying something and I wanted to check you out a little I would click on your name and look at the models you have in your gallery. And sometimes I could base whether or not you were full of it based on the models in your gallery. I refer people all the time to my gallery for the same reason.

Nathan 08-06-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by bigtim (Post 11584658)
so supposedly we can upload 25 photos according to Ken's FAQ, now I go back to my 3 year old thread to edit "My" post and I am locked out of My thread so I can't seem to make a edit within a 30 min period

This will be adjusted similar to what we had before.

Nathan 08-06-2013 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by acerc (Post 11584661)
Nathan not my models. The models of others. If you (Nathan) were saying something and I wanted to check you out a little I would click on your name and look at the models you have in your gallery. And sometimes I could base whether or not you were full of it based on the models in your gallery. I refer people all the time to my gallery fgor the same reason.

Understood, and did you click the link I gave for Neddy191's profile? Clicking on MyModels (for now) will get you to the search option for another member. We will work on making it so when you click the member's name in a post it will have a link to get you to their site profile.

pvogel 08-06-2013 04:25 PM

When logging in to RCU from Chrome, everything seems fine, but when I go to the forums, it has the big "DO you want to create an ACCOUNT?" banner, "Already have an account? Click here to login" clicking "here" goes to the old-style RCU general profile page for me and everything is correct, but the forums still don't recognize me. My Firefox session seems to be working (which is why I can post here). I've cleared all rcuniverse.com cookies.

bigtim 08-06-2013 04:31 PM

ok so now how do I unsubscribe from this thread I go to my email and there is 10 reply emails from RCU pertaining to this subject at this point I think I will just sign out and you guys can debug this place, its just a hot mess right now,this stuff should have been addressed before going live FYI RCU actually worked for most of us, and you really didn't need to change it, not really sure what the point in this whole affair was now it just looks like RC Groups ascetically

pvogel 08-06-2013 04:33 PM

bigtim -- from "Thread Tools" at the top of the page, select "Unsubscribe from this thread" -- looks like they have the "quick reply" option set to subscribe you to the thread when you reply. Peter+

bigtim 08-06-2013 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by pvogel (Post 11584678)
bigtim -- from "Thread Tools" at the top of the page, select "Unsubscribe from this thread" -- looks like they have the "quick reply" option set to subscribe you to the thread when you reply. Peter+

thank you, so I still havent been able to edit my postings is this a option that will be made later on in this forum revamp

IBobi 08-06-2013 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by pvogel (Post 11584675)
When logging in to RCU from Chrome, everything seems fine, but when I go to the forums, it has the big "DO you want to create an ACCOUNT?" banner, "Already have an account? Click here to login" clicking "here" goes to the old-style RCU general profile page for me and everything is correct, but the forums still don't recognize me. My Firefox session seems to be working (which is why I can post here). I've cleared all rcuniverse.com cookies.

Happening to me too, and on IE. I have reported it to tech; they'll have it fixed by tomorrow or tonight.

acerc 08-06-2013 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 11584663)
Understood, and did you click the link I gave for Neddy191's profile? Clicking on MyModels (for now) will get you to the search option for another member. We will work on making it so when you click the member's name in a post it will have a link to get you to their site profile.

Sounds good.Thank's And I as well vote for the loss of the blues.

pvogel 08-06-2013 04:44 PM

Please install the Tapatalk plugin

Tapatalk

Thanks!
Peter+

pvogel 08-06-2013 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by bigtim (Post 11584681)
thank you, so I still havent been able to edit my postings is this a option that will be made later on in this forum revamp

I can edit recent (that is, posts made since the forum switched to vBulletin) but I haven't checked if I can edit posts from before the switch. It would not surprise me to find that I could not edit older posts. Are you trying to edit recent or older posts?

For recent, there's an "Edit Post" in the footer of the post.

Edit... Looks like you can only edit a post that hasn't been replied to yet...

Peter+

pvogel 08-06-2013 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by acerc (Post 11584498)
And I really hate the fact that just because I post in a forum it is automatically added to my Subscribed forums. Like I said above, "This new and inproved RCU bites"!!!

At the top of the page, where it says "Welcome, acerc" click the "Settings" link, then on the left nav go to "General Settings" and change the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to suit your preferences.

Peter+

pvogel 08-06-2013 04:59 PM

On firefox (can't login from any other browser to check yet) clicking "reply with quote" or "Reply" on a post causes a wait cursor that seems to persist forever or until I reload the page. Peter+

bigtim 08-06-2013 05:11 PM

I tried to include the quote pvogal but it wouldn't load so to answer your question I posted in the thread and it allowed me to edit within my page opening but when I came back to the post to try to load a pic as I had done on numerous times there was no option to edit even though there was a "edited by BigTim" notification on the bottom of the post, there was no option to do additional editing even though it had only been a few min between visits.in the old system I could go back several days if need be to make a correction when required( sometimes I post late at night and when I read through my posts they need editing just to be legible ) considering its a thread I started and have maintained its a little frustrating to not be able to correct mistakes if need be

pvogel 08-06-2013 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by bigtim (Post 11584696)
I tried to include the quote pvogal but it wouldn't load so to answer your question I posted in the thread and it allowed me to edit within my page opening but when I came back to the post to try to load a pic as I had done on numerous times there was no option to edit even though there was a "edited by BigTim" notification on the bottom of the post, there was no option to do additional editing even though it had only been a few min between visits.in the old system I could go back several days if need be to make a correction when required( sometimes I post late at night and when I read through my posts they need editing just to be legible ) considering its a thread I started and have maintained its a little frustrating to not be able to correct mistakes if need be

Agreed. If I recall my vBulletin admin days, there's a "site setting" (admins can access) that sets how old a post can be to allow edits and whether to allow edits after a post has been replied to. Sounds like they need to flip it appropriately.

Peter+

IBobi 08-06-2013 05:20 PM

The Edit Time setting will be set back to what it was on the old forum, once the bugs here start to settle a bit.

Doug Cronkhite 08-06-2013 05:46 PM

Login cookies aren't being saved. I have to login anytime I try to do anything.
Chrome formatting is a mess. The overall layout of the forums is just awful. The theme of the forums itself needs a lot of aesthetic work to even get back to the previous revision.
The "My Forums" button doesn't actually appear to work from the pulldown menu. The button only works 1/2 the time. The other half it says I need to login to the site again.

telejojo 08-06-2013 05:47 PM

I'm talking about MY FORUMS the one's I saved for years and the only ones I want to see .Now I click on my forums and every forum on this site comes up.

Airplanes400 08-06-2013 06:00 PM

The links are broken to the "Manage Subscriptions" and the "Manage Forums" from the drop down menu of the Forums tab.

Plus, ICFS (I can't find ... well, you know ...)

So ,,, this is the BETA version, huh?

Kenric 08-06-2013 06:06 PM

had to make this new account to be able to post my problem. I can sing in and remain sing in on the home page and classifieds but when i come to the forums I'm not sing in. same problem like the user "pvogel" posted about.
my user name is "kenrico"

1QwkSport2.5r 08-06-2013 06:14 PM

I get an error message when trying to click the "forum settings" tab in the user CP. It says I don't have privilege or I'm not signed in even though I am. Clicking on the "click here to sign in" brings me back to the general settings tab showing me being signed in.

drube 08-06-2013 06:26 PM

The "My Forums" is gone?

mongo 08-06-2013 06:37 PM

looks like and feels like a standard v bulletin BS site. might as well be rcg.

Sparhawk 08-06-2013 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Thud_Driver (Post 11584532)
Any way I can hide the list of sub-forums at the top of the RC Jets page??

+3 or is it 4?

4*60 08-06-2013 06:47 PM

Are some threads locked. Went to reply and indicates I should login. Click on signin and get my info page as if logged in. Go to reply and can't. But in this thread it appears I can post. (Firefox)
Tiny little "unread" icon to click on.
Lots of white space to scroll through. Is that future ad space or just inefficient?(like 10 lines of white space inside the posts!
What kind of migration does not transfer user settings? Just had to re-set my choices re: PM's emails subscribing when posting, etc., etc.
Whoever did the migration should have talked to this retired systems analyst. Or maybe we should talk!! ;)