RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Forum questions or problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/)
-   -   ***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/11645527-%2A%2A%2Aintroducing-all-new-rcu-marketplace-%2A%2A%2A-coming-3-21-18-a.html)

IBobi 03-19-2018 02:07 PM

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Hi all!

We are excited to announce the arrival of the new RCU Marketplace!

With this update, you will gain access to more formatted listings, advanced search options, and popular sorting features.
Read about the new features below.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...17705e688c.png
FOR-SALE LISTINGS
It is now easier than ever to list your RC product for sale with an updated Marketplace listing. You can still specify all the important details including the Product Type, Manufacturer, Model, Item Condition, Price, and Location. Potential buyers can then sort by these features and help find a new home for your product quicker. The new photo viewer also makes it easy to upload and view all of the images of your product.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...5d9c8342c4.png
WANTED-TO-BUY LISTINGS
Let other users know what you are looking for! You can specify the RC product you want, and sellers can browse through the "Want" category to ensure they will find your listing.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...c94d6ce446.png

LISTING UPGRADES
With the improved Homepage & Search Result Featured (used to be Turbo Featured) and Emphasized (used to be Highlight/Bold) listing upgrades, you can make your listing stand out like never before! We know there were other upgrade options in the old MarketPlace and we will be working hard to bring those to the new MarketPlace as well.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...e37cec8611.png

NEW MEMBERSHIP AND VENDOR PLANS
We have improved the membership plan structure as well! See details below.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...3201e1ef80.png

WHAT ABOUT THE CURRENT CLASSIFIEDS FORUMS?
Existing listings won't get lost in the shuffle. To help transition into our new classifieds section, we will leave all current listings in the old MarketPlace. Feel free to reply to listings you may be interested in and look through what is currently available. However, please note that the new MarketPlace is the only place you can post a new listing. Once the existing listings expire (approximately 2 weeks), the old MarketPlace will become a read-only archive.

POSTING FEEDBACK
RCUniverse.com is one of the first communities to test this all-new Marketplace, and we will be taking into account your feedback to continuously improve upon it. Report any issues and leave comments below, right here in this thread.

Thanks all! We hope this will be a massive improvement in how ads are placed and how items are bought and sold here on RCU. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Best,

--The RCU Team

RCFlyerDan 03-20-2018 04:31 AM

Nice! But, what happens to our NON refundable yearly $10 a year that has to be on account to advertise? Will you finally keep the RCU homepage RCU Market Place up to a daily date? It has been the same for more then a year now! I am sure there are other things that I am missing. It is a nice way for you to make more money from the website, beside the bombardment of advertisement that we see from the other sources of money for you and RCU.

IBobi 03-22-2018 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan (Post 12414377)
Nice! But, what happens to our NON refundable yearly $10 a year that has to be on account to advertise? Will you finally keep the RCU homepage RCU Market Place up to a daily date? It has been the same for more then a year now! I am sure there are other things that I am missing. It is a nice way for you to make more money from the website, beside the bombardment of advertisement that we see from the other sources of money for you and RCU.

Dan, I am not sure what you mean...?

LGM Graphix 03-23-2018 07:06 AM

I'm completely lost. The new marketplace has absolutely left me with no understanding of how to find listings. I can click on airplanes and I see 6 listings with no way to filter it to just the areas of my interest like it used to be.

do335a 03-23-2018 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix (Post 12415189)
I'm completely lost. The new marketplace has absolutely left me with no understanding of how to find listings. I can click on airplanes and I see 6 listings with no way to filter it to just the areas of my interest like it used to be.

Agreed.
Total disaster.
Very confusing.
Can't find anything.
Things just keep getting worse with RCU. No wonder there've been so many deserters. Here's another. Sayonara. Adieu. Adios. Auf Wiedersehen. Au revoir. Bye-bye. Ciao. Farewell. Goodbye. Good day. Shalom. So long. Tot ziens.

warbirdcolors 03-23-2018 09:17 AM

I agree....TOTAL DISASTER
This site just keeps getting worse........

IBobi 03-23-2018 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix (Post 12415189)

Go to the Marketplace

Marketplace - RCU Forums

Then you can use the search bar, or you can click the Product Type, and that opens a filter window with all the choices.

Do you have any specific questions or concerns? What do you find confusing?

IBobi 03-23-2018 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by do335a (Post 12415203)
Agreed.
Total disaster.
Very confusing.
Can't find anything.

Go to the Marketplace

Marketplace - RCU Forums

Then you can use the search bar, or you can click the Product Type, and that opens a filter window with all the choices.

sierracharlie 03-23-2018 11:02 AM

When I click on a category I see only one page with very few listings. seems very slow to respond. Just days ago there were pages and pages of radios today only 4 or 5 listings. airplanes the same way.

bruff 03-23-2018 11:11 AM

Still confusing. How do you just pull up jet ads only?
Bob

mongo 03-23-2018 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 12415231)
Go to the Marketplace

Marketplace - RCU Forums

airplanes is a rather large product type, when compared to being able to get just jets only in the old version.
some more sub headings under the current type would be a good thing.

IBobi 03-23-2018 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by sierracharlie (Post 12415252)
When I click on a category I see only one page with very few listings. seems very slow to respond. Just days ago there were pages and pages of radios today only 4 or 5 listings. airplanes the same way.

As per our notifications (see the global announcements all over the site), we currently have 2 marketplaces up. You can find both under the BUY & SELL pulldown.

The old marketplace has all the existing listings you are talking about. But it no longer accepts new listings. In 2 weeks when all those are expired, only the new marketplace will remain. Meantime, you can search in both. There are so far only a few listings in the new market, because it's only been up since last night ;)

noahb 03-23-2018 11:27 AM

Ugh

Agree. RCU you cannot just group airplanes. Way too large. You need sub product type if you are going to keep this format. Go and copy the sub forums as they are now and list them as sub product type depending on product type selected.

IBobi 03-23-2018 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by bruff (Post 12415257)
Still confusing. How do you just pull up jet ads only?
Bob

You should be able to do a keyword search for "jet" or "jets" but I see that that is not working right now -- may be a bug, I will investigate.

IBobi 03-23-2018 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by mongo (Post 12415259)
airplanes is a rather large product type, when compared to being able to get just jets only in the old version.
some more sub headings under the current type would be a good thing.

Originally Posted by noahb (Post 12415269)
Agree. RCU you cannot just group airplanes. Way too large. You need sub product type if you are going to keep this format. Go and copy the sub forums as they are now and list them as sub product type depending on product type selected.

I am going to work with my developer to try to get some more granular search fields. Thank you guys!

noahb 03-23-2018 11:40 AM

We dont need search fields. You need sub product type like the current markerplace. This is terriable and downright lazy design. People should list there for salr items by product type and sub product typel ike it is currently. You are making a change to make some things easier but you will drive most away. All other sites have this ability

IBobi 03-23-2018 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by noahb (Post 12415281)
We dont need search fields. You need sub product type like the current markerplace. This is terriable and downright lazy design. People should list there for salr items by product type and sub product typel ike it is currently. You are making a change to make some things easier but you will drive most away. All other sites have this ability

We will work on this! Thank you.

noahb 03-23-2018 11:46 AM

Thanks

sierracharlie 03-23-2018 11:48 AM

Ok Thanks.

amilcar 03-23-2018 12:40 PM

same here very confusing ,and I'll like to know how to move if theres any way to do it all the ratings to new page

Mpizpilot 03-23-2018 01:10 PM

Not a fan at all. The "since last visit" button will be missed.

DIssakani 03-23-2018 01:40 PM

This is a terrible new design for RCU's buy and sell section. How do you expect people to go through thousands of listing to find what they like. Forget the "FILTER" button and put back the SUB-CATEGORIES. There was NOTHING wrong with the old design. Why do you guys mess with something that is not broken. Don't get it.

Desertlakesflying 03-23-2018 01:57 PM

Go back to the old Marketplace. This new thing is completely ridiculous. The manufacturers list is something from the late 90's. Reverse course RCU, you've made a grave mistake.

flying toad 03-23-2018 02:03 PM

Lost

How do we make offers?
where did the ratings go ?

amilcar 03-23-2018 02:06 PM

New rc groups

This is like they said if is not broken why fixing it, I can't said much I have to thanks rc universe over the years because I sold I bought a lot of stuff in there, but this new design is confusing and frustrating, on top of that I can't transfer all my 83 positive ratings and comments from fellow rc members that I been having over many many years, I been told that everyone will start fresh, me I don't see it that way, rc groups it's much simpler to use before Rcuniverse . Now rc groups is way much simpler. Sad