RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Forum questions or problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/)
-   -   Possible Spam Posing as RC Universe (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/11664492-possible-spam-posing-rc-universe.html)

bobmrbassman 05-08-2019 09:18 AM

Possible Spam Posing as RC Universe

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this but I just received an email from RC Universe but it is an advertisment for Gut Wash or Power Wash for your insides.
The return address is:

It is on an official looking format.
Just thought I would report it. I'll try to copy and paste it here. Also if you have a place where I am supposed to forward this type of emeil, I will do that. See ad pasted below.
Bob Watkins

Wed, May 8, 2019 6:01 am
Well it looks like I'm not allowed to do this so GOOD LUCK I'm dropping it.

TerraRoot 05-08-2019 11:48 AM

Dear Readers,

What if you could restore your gut health with one simple fix?

According to one doctor in California there may be a way.

In fact, he believes it’s so powerful that it could be like a “power wash” for your insides.

Dr. Gundry, who is a world-renowned heart surgeon, reveals the root cause of weight gain, food cravings, and low energy in a short video he released to the public.

P.S. This video also reveals how you can transform your gut with this one simple thing.

I logged back into this site just to see whats up with this crap, is totally crap.

IBobi 05-08-2019 04:29 PM

Hi guys,

This is an email sent through our RCU marketing department. It's not "spam" in the sense that it is actually from us.

We do not sell anyone's email address or data.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

--Admin

Lost Glider 05-09-2019 08:46 AM

It certainly look$ like $pam, totally off topic, $o I deleted it. How much money did they give RCU to po$t it? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mongo 05-09-2019 04:47 PM

can we please have an "opt out" option on these spam emails?

IBobi 05-10-2019 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by mongo (Post 12524064)
can we please have an "opt out" option on these spam emails?

There ought to be an unsubscribe link on the email.

mongo 05-10-2019 04:54 PM

opening spam email is a rather dangerous thing to be doing...

try again.

BarracudaHockey 05-11-2019 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by mongo (Post 12524252)
opening spam email is a rather dangerous thing to be doing...

try again.

While some users might feel otherwise, it's not spam, its safe as it came from RCU

Stickslammer 05-12-2019 10:26 AM

I guess some view it as if it`s anything trying to separate you from your money, it`s spam.

mongo 05-12-2019 04:44 PM

all unrequested advertising is, by definition, spam.

flyboy2610 05-13-2019 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by mongo (Post 12524635)
all unrequested advertising is, by definition, spam.

That's pretty much how I see it as well.

Appowner 05-19-2019 07:32 AM

That's why I use throw away e-mails for forum registrations. If the forum proves to be legit, i.e. doesn't spam with unrelated adds, then I eventually move it to my real e-mail. However, if it does send me e-mails such as the above, I'll close the e-mail address and forget them.

TerraRoot 05-30-2019 02:49 AM

dog food? bye bye.

mackeyjones 05-30-2019 03:01 AM

I would probably discuss it with your Advertisers, as I didn't sign up for spam mail from your partners.

Ralph Morris 05-30-2019 06:17 AM

Junk eMail?

Today I received an email with the RC-Universe logo, advertising dog food. What does that have to do with our hobby? If this is legit, I hope you're getting paid well. If not, somebody is using your membership list for advertising purposes.
The following came from ([email protected])
Is your dog trying to tell you something?

According to Dr. Gary Richter, one of the top veterinarians in the world, many dogs are at risk of serious health issues... but their owners may be missing the warning signs.

"It’s an epidemic. Over half of all dogs over 10 years old will get cancer," says Dr. Richter. “Even young dogs are at risk. And it’s pretty much all due to one thing: Food.”According to Dr. Richter - who was recently voted “America’s Favorite Veterinarian” and has over 20 years of experience with dogs of every shape and size - certain dog foods contain a dangerous chemical that wreaks havoc on our dogs’ bodies. This, in turn, leads to digestive discomfort, joint problems, smelly breath and poop, weight gain, itching, allergies, and even early death.Fortunately, by simply doing one thing to your dog’s food, Dr. Richter has seen thousands of dogs defeat these troubling conditions. Dr. Richter actually discovered this trick - which anybody can do, right in their kitchen - while trying to improve his own dog’s health."It's easy, and you don’t need to change your dog’s food. It only takes about two minutes a day,” Richter said on a call with reporters and industry experts.Dr. Richter, a world-famous expert in both Western and Holistic pet care, says he's found a simple way to improve dog health that anybody can do.
Now, for the first time ever, Dr. Richter has created a short video where he explains everything about the true cause of canine health issues, including how people can naturally fix then, on their own, right from home.The video is presented below by Dr. Richter, free and uninterrupted.

Click Here To Watch The Video Now>>

RickVB 05-30-2019 09:22 AM

Welcome to the new RCUniverse. As I said on another thread a few months ago, download any threads you want for reference ASAP, as this place is in a death spiral...

IBobi 05-30-2019 11:01 AM

Just to reiterate,

This is an email sent through our RCU marketing department. It's not "spam" in the sense that it is actually from us.

Thank you!

mongo 05-30-2019 05:31 PM

it IS advertising for something I did NOT request, and do not appreciate therefore it IS "SPAM".

ogg2000 05-31-2019 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 12528214)
Just to reiterate,

Thank you!

For some inexplicable reason you don't understand why this is a bad idea despite being told several times.

How is using subscribers email address for marketing any third party product even RC products not a misuse? Marketing dog food is clearly something the vendor has paid you for - so you are certainly selling on the use of email addresses. I didn't consent for such use of my personal data in this way, and even if you have assumed I haven't opted out in some way, I don't consent now.

This is a crystal clear misuse of personal data and is illegal under European privacy regulations (GDPR) which you are subject to because you provide services to citizens in the Eu.

Please advise how I make a formal request for you to remove all my personal data including my email details.

IBobi 05-31-2019 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by ogg2000 (Post 12528384)
For some inexplicable reason you don't understand why this is a bad idea despite being told several times.

How is using subscribers email address for marketing any third party product even RC products not a misuse? Marketing dog food is clearly something the vendor has paid you for - so you are certainly selling on the use of email addresses. I didn't consent for such use of my personal data in this way, and even if you have assumed I haven't opted out in some way, I don't consent now.

This is a crystal clear misuse of personal data and is illegal under European privacy regulations (GDPR) which you are subject to because you provide services to citizens in the Eu.

Please advise how I make a formal request for you to remove all my personal data including my email details.

You can always click the "unsubscribe" link in the email.

I have PM'd you about how to have your account disabled, if that's what you choose to do.

Have a great day!

TomXP411 06-12-2019 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12524302)
While some users might feel otherwise, it's not spam, its safe as it came from RCU

i just got another one about “deep fat.”

i didnt aign up here to get nagged about my health, and I find it completely unacceptable that RC Universe is using email notifications to send unrelated advertising. I have unsubscribed and marked that as spam.

BarracudaHockey 06-12-2019 06:57 AM

I got the same thing.

At least this one applies to me.

JohnVH 06-12-2019 07:00 AM

So RCU is spamming people with ads about belly fat? I thought this was an RC site...

IBobi 06-12-2019 09:56 AM

The emails are sent from RCUniverse, and nobody's email addresses are being sold to any 3rd parties.

If you'd prefer not to get them, please use the "unsubscribe" link in the email.

Thanks all!

Mownan 06-12-2019 10:55 AM

Silly susgestion..

Telling people to click unsubscribe is ridiculous. How about not sending spam though email in the first place. Not to mention it’s better to just add an email to junk filter rather then clicking unsubscribe with all the dodgy unsubscribe scam emails out there.