RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Forum questions or problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/)
-   -   Doing a Review?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/6320980-doing-review.html)

Superchipmunk91 09-03-2007 05:53 AM

Doing a Review??

Does anyone know anything about doing reviews, like how do you find out about doing them and do you have to pay for the plane or is it provided and what else do you need to know about doing one or who to get ahold of to do one?

RCKen 09-03-2007 07:05 AM

RE: Doing a Review??

Normally the plane it provided to you when you do a review. Sometimes you will get an engine provided, but more often than not it won't be. To do a review the biggest things you will need is the ability to shoot and edit quality video of the plane flying. In addition, you'll also need to be able to take high quality pictures of your build process and the flying of the plane. Being able to write and edit html is a big plus for doing a review. If you are intersted in doing reviews contact Marc (username RCAdmin) or Nathan (username Nathan) and talk to them about it. Marc is on vacation until the end of this week so you may not hear back from him till then, but Nathan should be able to help you out.

Ken

BarracudaHockey 09-03-2007 07:37 AM

Normally they ask you to take something you already own and submit a review so they can sample your writing and photography.

So if you have a project coming up consider using that as your sample submission.

Superchipmunk91 09-03-2007 08:21 AM

RCKEn, I searched the users on RCUniverse and found RCAdmin pretty easy but Nathan, thats a problem, there are several people on here with "Nathan" in there username, there is one ".Nathan." but it says that he is a basic member and didnt know if that might be him??

RCKen 09-03-2007 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Superchipmunk91

RCKEn, I searched the users on RCUniverse and found RCAdmin pretty easy but Nathan, thats a problem, there are several people on here with "Nathan" in there username, there is one ".Nathan." but it says that he is a basic member and didnt know if that might be him??
As I said in my first post, his username is "Nathan". Send a PM to him about it. Yes, BarracudaHockey is correct, a lot of times Marc and Nathan will have you write a review about something that you already have so that they can see what you can do.

Ken

Nathan 09-03-2007 12:19 PM

Simply follow the advice above for reviews. Writers need the ability to communicate clearly and professionally. They need to have SLR quality photos and substantially clear and focused digital video. It's also important to understand how to create a web page using html, front page and/or dreamweaver as you'll be asked to create your own review, ready for our magazine, prior to submission.

To be considered, write a review of a brand new item and let us know when it's finished. If it's good, we'll consider publishing it. If it's really good, we'll consider putting you on as a reviewer.