Notices
FPV Beginners If you are getting started in FPV this is the place to go for help. Experienced members will help the beginners getting started in FPV, so post your questions you have.

Spectrum FPV parkflyer system issues

Old 01-01-2017, 12:13 PM
RichJohnson

Received 373 Likes on 237 Posts
Default Spectrum FPV parkflyer system issues

Hi guys, Im an RC tanker and I bought the fatshark parkflyer FPV system from Spectrum. It has a little camera that plugs into the receiver for power and a stand alone video receiving TV.

I mounted it on my tank and when I drive from half to full throttle the screen gets very distorted all the way to loosing the signal.

My RC gear boxes have 400 motors in them with resistors soldered across from polarity to case. The camera is several inches away from the motors, its on top of the turret.

Any idea why the distortion is happing at the high end of the throttle? It basically isn't useable to drive the tank, just aquire targets and shoot.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Len Todd

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Does the RF interference happen on all the VTxr's channels? Sounds like the motors are emitting RF. Maybe have to add a capacitor on the motor to eliminate the RF.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:16 PM
RichJohnson

Received 373 Likes on 237 Posts

The motors have small caps on them. Unless they are resistors, not sure there.
some times i get a clear screen but more often it destorts completly while driving.