Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

LawMate 1W transmitter - How to power this?

Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

LawMate 1W transmitter - How to power this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Veraster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LawMate 1W transmitter - How to power this?

I purcahsed a Lawmate 1W transmitter from the internet today along with a reciever and camera. I haven't ordered a battery for the transmitter yet because I'm not 100% sure what kind to use. I just know it's 12 volts and an nimh battery will probably fry it because of how it's voltage drasticly chages (correct me if i'm wrong)

What kind of battery would you guys who know a lot about this reccomend? And what would be an inexpensive charger? I don't own a lipoly charger. I own a universal nimh charger if there are any nimh batteries that will work.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2012, 04:41 PM
scotty302

Default RE: LawMate 1W transmitter - How to power this?

Hope you went to fpvlabs for the answer by now. Usually a 3S lipo will work just fine, the lawmate should come with it's own heatsink to protect it from the heat.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:35 AM
General Lee Stupid

Hey, like scotty said, hopefully you have this figured out by now. I was litterally just drawing how my wiring is set up when I saw this so I figured I'd throw it it up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94160.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1774447  
Old 06-21-2012, 02:33 PM
cmoulder

Best thing I have tried thus far is the [link=http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html]Castle Creations BEC Pro[/link]. It powers the video downlink off your main batteries and you never have to worry about your 3S Lipo not getting the job done. I fly it on my photo/video platform and get 25-minute flights on a 4400 5S lipo and never a loss of video.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68614.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	1774475  
Old 06-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Veraster

I figured it out long ago. I just used a 3 cell lipo battery. My airplane has a nitro engine so I don't need to worry about supplying power to the engine and transmitter on one battery.

The heat sink that came with my transmitter was just a flat piece of metal with 2 groves. I didn't think that was adequate since the avg daily temperature where I am is in the upper 90s. I put a computer processor heat sink and a low power fan on there.