Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

Wing Jet EP - Feasible drone chassis ?

Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

Wing Jet EP - Feasible drone chassis ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 05:57 PM
H3li

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing Jet EP - Feasible drone chassis ?

Hi Guys,

Looking for " THE " Wing, for my UAV Drone project.

Really liking the RC Universe review of the Wing Jet EP.
Full review here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=934

I particuarly like the profile of this Wing. Also the Review highlights that the Wing is infact OVER-powered. This is a plus, as it means adding extra hardware should not affect performance too much, as it should be able to take the extra weight (within reason).

Obviously COG would become more crucial though.

The central 'bulb' that houses the Battery does not provide room for much else, however I have a few ideas to provide more space...

Cut the lower half off the Bulb, then fit in its place a custom made enclosure/bulb, that allows for more hardware in the "cockpit" area.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this? Do you think that this Wing could work as a cheap effective drone?
Or, are you aware of a comparable Wing (at a similar cost), that would provide a more suitable solution?

All Feedback appreciated.
H3li.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:00 PM
H3li

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wing Jet EP - Feasible drone chassis ?

OK, so if nobody can even give me a Yes or a No............

I'm thinking that your "UAV craft" could be as small as having a metre wingspan, if the electronics contained within it are compact enough.
Not talking about adding video equipment, just the necessary electronics, allowing the plane to navigate unaided, from point A to point B??

Especially considering we are talking about this UAV project as being a hobby, and not a full scale aerial combat vehicle!!!!
Using an electric power source such as a LiPo battery, not rocket fuel or gas/petrol!

Appreciate any feedback.

(note my questions in this Thread discusses the subject of UAV flight from a small hobby perspective, and not some full scale predator killing machine!!!)
So you have no risk of the FBI knocking on your door if you reply to help with my queries