Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Full Scale planes, cars, helis, boats
Reload this Page >

Regulator if I switch from a 6.0v Nicad Battery to a lipo battery for my Rec & servos

Notices
Full Scale planes, cars, helis, boats Full scale relates in many ways to the r/c models we enjoy. Discuss various aspects of the larger versions of our r/c models here.

Regulator if I switch from a 6.0v Nicad Battery to a lipo battery for my Rec & servos

Old 09-23-2015, 11:49 AM
Stevie334

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regulator if I switch from a 6.0v Nicad Battery to a lipo battery for my Rec & servos

Hi

Do I need a regulator if I switch from a 6.0v Nicad Battery to a Lipo battery for my Rec & servos in my rc plane?

Thanks

Steve
Old 09-23-2015, 12:27 PM
castlebravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on the Servos and the reciever. Type the model numbers into Google and look at the Manufacturers specification sheet....that will tell you the maximum voltage that you can operate the device at. Most recievers are rated for voltages up to a 2 cell LiPo (7.4vdc nominal....8.4vdc peak) however most servos not specifically rated "High Voltage" are limited to 6vdc.

CB