Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Great Planes/Futaba

Futaba 8FG super -servo speed adjustment?

Old 08-13-2011, 05:00 AM
Todd D
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 8FG super -servo speed adjustment?

Hi all,

I've posed the following question to the Futaba radio product suggestion line, would like ot know if anyone else feels this woudl be useful for their planes. I love the ability to adjust servo speed in my JR 9303 and Futaba offers this in their higher end radios. Why not upgrade the software in the awesome 8 FG to do it as well.

Let me know you thoughts-

Here's what I sent to Futaba-

"Is Futaba considering releasing a software update for my 8FG super radio that will allow me to adjust servo speed? This is extremely useful for multiple applications, flaps on a warbird especially. Also if geometry isn't just quite right this can be useful to provide identical deflection times. Seems this would be a great addition to a great radio. Please let me know your thoughts."

Todd
Old 08-15-2011, 05:46 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Futaba 8FG super -servo speed adjustment?

We can only pass on to Futaba your suggestions. Futaba will decide what goes into any future software changes. Of course, many suggestions won't be put into the 8FG because they are already implemented in the higher-level transmitters. You're not going to get everything in the 8FG you see in a 12 or 14.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:14 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Todd D

Hi all,

I've posed the following question to the Futaba radio product suggestion line, would like ot know if anyone else feels this woudl be useful for their planes. I love the ability to adjust servo speed in my JR 9303 and Futaba offers this in their higher end radios. Why not upgrade the software in the awesome 8 FG to do it as well.

Let me know you thoughts-

Here's what I sent to Futaba-

''Is Futaba considering releasing a software update for my 8FG super radio that will allow me to adjust servo speed? This is extremely useful for multiple applications, flaps on a warbird especially. Also if geometry isn't just quite right this can be useful to provide identical deflection times. Seems this would be a great addition to a great radio. Please let me know your thoughts.''

Todd
[sm=thumbup.gif] Just bought this radio and didn't know this was not an option. I guess you can't expect too much from the cost.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 AM
skywagn180

I'm pretty sure I saw servo speed in the glider mixing somewhere in the 8fg super. I'm sure you could figure out a way to use it on a different application. I don't have my transmitter with me or I would try to find it again.