Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

18 MZ Asian version

Old 03-16-2012, 01:58 AM
riot3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18 MZ Asian version

Krysta or Bax,

A friend of mine will be moving from Hong Kong to the US soon & will bring along his 18 MZ which he bought from a hobby shop in Hong Kong. He would like to know whether there are any differences in the software between the US & the Asian version, & whether he needs to send the set back to Hong Kong for service in the future. He understands Futaba US will not honor the warranty, but as long as he is willing to pay for service, can he send the set to you guys for repair?

Thanks,

Adrian
Old 03-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 18 MZ Asian version

We can handle non-warranty service. The Hong Kong facilities would handle warranty claims. Software is the same for the 18MZ no matter where it's from.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:31 PM
riot3d

ORIGINAL: Bax

We can handle non-warranty service. The Hong Kong facilities would handle warranty claims. Software is the same for the 18MZ no matter where it's from.
Bax,

Based on your reply on 3/16, I bought the 18 MZ from my friend. Two weeks ago, the set has lost the touch screen function. I sent it back to Futaba USA for repair & advised them I will not claim warranty & will pay for the service, but they refuse to work on the set.

I have just receive the set back from them, please advise what I should do to get it repair.

Thanks,

Adrian
Old 07-27-2012, 06:09 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We forgot about the FCC label. Your system does not have the U.S. FCC label, so it's technically not legal to use in the U.S. However, if you remove the screen protector you installed, your transmitter will operate normally.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:18 PM
riot3d

ORIGINAL: Bax

We forgot about the FCC label. Your system does not have the U.S. FCC label, so it's technically not legal to use in the U.S. However, if you remove the screen protector you installed, your transmitter will operate normally.
Bax,

Thx for reply.

Does it mean even though I'm willing to pay for all services, you can not do any future repair on my set?

Adrian
Old 08-02-2012, 03:32 PM
riot3d

Baxter,

Pls advise me whether I should send it back to Hong Kong for repair from now on. Even though, I will pay for all future repair.

Thx,

Adrian