Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

6xas mix??????

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Slyder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6xas mix??????

When I roll my plane to knife edge it pitches to the gear and wants to roll back upright.
I set one mix for the elevator with no problem. Can and how do I set the aileron to rudder mix with servos plugged into 1 and 6?
Old 09-12-2003, 09:58 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 6xas mix??????

Actually, you want to mix with rudder as master and aileron as slave so that you get some aileron input when you add rudder when in knife-edge flight.

Unfortunately, the Futaba 6XAS transmitter can't do what you are asking. You just don't have enough mixes. You'd need to use two mixes to make the mix you want, rudder to aileron channel 1 and rudder to aileron channel 2. This means three mixes are needed because you've already used one to mix in elevator.

The more complex mixing you want to do would require a more advanced transmitter, such as the 9C or 9Z.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:09 AM
I Got Hit

Correct me if I am wrong, wouldnt setting ch 4 (rud) as master and ch 1 (ail) as slave get it to work since in the flaperon mix, ch 6 is already slave of channel 1, therefore when moving ch 1 will automatically move ch 6? Kind of confusing I guess but I think youll understand.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:22 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Slyder's using two channels for ailerons, #1 and #6, as I interpret his question. The mixer will mix a specific channel, not a function, so mixing channel #1 into the rudder channel will not affect channel #6.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:22 PM
Slyder

Thanks Bax,
Thats what I thought but wanted to make sure. I had an email from someone else who i beleive use to work there, telling me to mix it anyway even though just one aileron would be moving. said that would be enough to hold it. Your thoughts on that?
Thanks again.
Eric
Old 09-12-2003, 01:26 PM
Slyder

BTW Bax,
I do hope to get a 9c this winter. Can it be setup with a spoileron mix to elevator on a curve so lets say when you get to 75% throw on elevator The flaps go up or down. I hope you understand what I am saying.
Thanks
Eric