Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

T8FGsuper and Sullivan Skywriter smoke

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 05:54 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T8FGsuper and Sullivan Skywriter smoke

Bax,

I need your help again if you can. I have a Sullivan Skywriter smoke pump I want to program to the throttle. It comes with instructions for the 9C, but I've been unable to transfer it to the 8FG. I want the smoke system fluid flow to decrease as the throttle nears closed. My smoke pump is only channel 12 as aux1 and switch SF.

thanks, Steve

Old 07-21-2013, 03:59 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T8FGsuper and Sullivan Skywriter smoke

This about the same as elevator compensation in a powered glider. Open Program Mixes 1-6. Make your throttle channel the Master and Aux 1 the slave. You'll have to play with the percentage of movement ratio (you fix two values: lowest and highest the radio does the rest). Whether you use positive o negative ratios depends on your linkage set-up - specifically side is he servo arm on. You can choose a switch at this time , too.
Walt
Old 07-21-2013, 08:31 AM
splais

Page 2 is completely confusing as it relates to the smoke pump/ throttle relationship.

the bottom two settings change the X and Y axis. The top two settings seem similar adjusting rates. I'm totally lost
Old 07-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't quite understand your problem. Let me get o my shop and make sure my memory is okay as my first post was entirely from memory.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:38 AM
splais

I finally got things working. Here are the numbers on Page 1 of the Throttle to Aux1 (smoke pump) premix. These settings have the smoke pump come on at about 1/4 throttle and the output is constant. I can control the smoke output level with the End Point for the channel the smoke pump is plugged into. If you want to have proportional smoke flow in the premix, then put the end point at 100% and adjust the second number below.

1st No: -100
2nd No: 0
3rd No: -70
4th No: +30