Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Great Planes/Futaba

Futaba proto

Old 04-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Conrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Futaba 2.4 options

Hi
I was going to buy a 8fg radio for pylon but see it is now discontinued. I have looked at the 8j, and see the S-FHSS and FHSS system is marketed as a cheaper option than the Fasst system.
So my question is what do you lose in performance between the Fasst and FHSS systems. Too be a cheaper system there most be something left out.

Geoff

Last edited by Conrod; 04-10-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:39 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

The main difference is in component and the transmission protocol. FASST uses Futaba-designed custom chips and greater error checking software. FHSS uses commercial "off-the-shelf" components, which helps reduce costs. Check the "Technology" tab at the top of the page on the main website: http://www.futaba-rc.com/index.html#
Old 04-13-2014, 02:03 AM
Conrod

Hi Bax
Yes had read the info on the Futaba web site, and from the description of the two protocols it seams as FHSS is lacking compered to FASST system. I have used FASST 2.4 from basically day one and have had nothing but glitch free solid link with Futaba FASST.
Can I rely on FHSS to the same degree?
At present I am using a 12FGA which I will upgrade shortly, but need a extra radio for pylon and the 8FG would have been a good option.
Geoff
Old 04-14-2014, 06:19 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

FHSS has proven to be trouble-free, and is a good, economical alternative.