Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Flaperons on 14SG?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 04:27 PM
gkpain
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flaperons on 14SG?

Hey guys,

I'm using the 14SG tx Heli version and the R617FS rx.

Basically I want to slow the speed at which the flaps come down. So stuff don't fly apart .
Is it possible? How ?
I using 2 ailerons servos only (in channels 1 right & 6 left) for ailerons and full length flaps (flaperons).
I would like them on switch SF(2 position) on the heli version of tx.
I have the flaperons working in 2 different model types, but I cant figure out how to slow the speed at which they come down in either type.
In model type 2ail, I can set the camber mix to the SF switch and adjust the direction and the travel of the flaperons.
In model type 2ail+2flp, I can do the same thing.
But I never see condition delay or cut-sw in the camber mix menu (seen on page 127 in the manual) in either model type,
which is what I think I need. Not sure?
BTW if you change model types it erases all your pre programmed settings

I would appreciate any help
Thanks
gkpain

P.S. Loving this new 14SG (both of them)
Old 05-02-2014, 07:04 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You can do it, but you won't be able to use the Camber Mix for flaps. Make sure you have the 2-Aileron wing type. You then to go into the Linkage Menu and then the Function section. Set Throttle to the switch you want to use for the the flaps, and set the throttle trim to NULL. Set an Aux channel to J3 with the trim set to T3. We've moved the throttle function to another control because we're going to use it for the flaps.

Now, set a pmix with throttle as master and aileron as slave. Set a pmix with throttle as master and aileron2 as slave. Adjust the mixing percentages to get the flaps to move the desired distance for the switch positions. Go into the Throttle Delay function in the Model Menu and adjust it to slow the throttle channel (flaps) as desired.

That should do all you want.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:22 PM
gkpain
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bax, that was exactly what I wanted.
One small problem, the throttle cut doesn't work now.
Anyway to switch the throttle cut to the channel (5 / gear) I put the throttle on?
Ok maybe 2 small problems, to mix in alittle elevator in with the flaps would I need to make another pmix or can I add it to one of the pmix's I used for the flaperons?
Sorry for so many questions, there are only 3 people at our field that use modern Futaba radio system. My son and I are 2 of them.
Cant wait to try out my flaperons!
Thanks again,
Bax
Old 05-05-2014, 07:34 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes. If you use the throttle channel for anything other than throttle, then the other built-in functions for throttle will not work, and you won't be able to move them to work with the alternate channel being used for throttle.

Use another pmix with throttle as master and elevator as slave to give you a bit of elevator when you deflect the flaps.