Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Great Planes/Futaba

Elevator to Flapperon mix on 6J

Old 05-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elevator to Flapperon mix on 6J

A buddy has a Futaba 6J transmitter, and I can't figure out how to get an elevator to flapperon mix working correctly.

His plane has two aileron servos so the flapperon function is activated. The aileron servos are in channels 1 and 6, and they work just fine when the aileron stick is moved.

I'm trying to setup a mix so that when switch D is activated and the elevator stick is moved, both ailerons will lower with up elevator stick and raise with down elevator stick.

P-mix 1 was setup with elevator as the master, and ch 1 (left aileron) as the slave at 100%. Switch D enabled/disabled it.

P-mix 2 was setup with elevator as the master, and ch 6 (right aileron) as the slave at 100%. Switch D enabled/disabled it.

With both mixes enabled by switch D, moving the elevator stick has no affect on the ailerons. They stay at neutral. Moving the aileron stick makes both ailerons respond normally.

With only P-mix 1 enabled, moving the elevator stick moves the ch1 aileron the correct direction. But it also moves the ch 6 aileron the opposite direction, even though P-mix 1 does not include ch 6.

With only P-mix 2 enabled, moving the elevator stick moves the ch6 aileron the correct direction. But it also moves the ch 1 aileron the opposite direction, even though P-mix 2 does not include ch 1.

The programming is acting like the P-mixes are slaving the aileron function instead of slaving individual channel outputs.

Is there a way to get the elevator to flapperon mix working correctly on a 6J transmitter?
Old 05-02-2014, 06:21 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Basically, you're not going to be able to do what you want with the 6J transmitter. Its programming is limited. When using the Flaperon Mixer, and then you use two mixes to try to activate elevator-flap mixing, the mixes cancel each other out because they wind up interacting with the active Flaperon Mixer. It's not going to happen with the 6J. You need a more advanced transmitter.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Thanks Bax!

So does the 8J have this same limitation in the programming? Or can it do an elevator to flapperon mix correctly?
Old 05-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

The 8J has a built-in elevator->flap mixer, which works when you have flaperons activated.