Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Slaving channels on a Futaba 7C

Old 06-25-2014, 05:15 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slaving channels on a Futaba 7C

I have been fooling with my transmitter, trying to slave a channel to another, for about a week and have gotten nowhere. I want to slave channel six to channel one for ailerons without the use of flaperons and channel five to channel two for split elevator operation. The book is very vague in this instance and the guys I have talked to who "know" how to do this just say to got to the P-mix screen(s) and it is right there. Well, maybe it is, but I can't figure it out. We are dealing with two different screens in the P-mix setup and I don't even know what some of it means. The manual skims over this subject very quickly with very little useful information. First is the on/off/inh screen. Second is the rate and ofs>set screen (I don't even know what that means). Is there someone here who can explain to me, step by step, how to slave one channel to another?
Old 06-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually, the 7C's Pmixes are rather simple, once you understand how they work.

First, enter the first mix. Change the "INH" to whatever comes up. It will say "ON" or "OFF". Go to the second page of the mix and select which channel will be the master and which will be the slave. For the dual ailerons, channel 1 will be master and channel 6 will be the slave. Since you want the mix to be on all the time, set the "SW" to "--". That means that you are not using a switch to turn the mix on and off, but having is on all the time.

Return to the first screen. Move the stick to the right and one of the "%" symbols to the right of the "RT" will flash. Adjust as necessary to have the slave channel move as desired. Move the stick to the left and you'll see that you can adjust the other number. They can be set to a "+" or "-" percentage. That only means which way the slave channel moves when you move the control stick.

For elevators, you'll get channel 2 set up the way you want and then go through the same steps for channel 5, except you'll move the elevator control to set the mixing rates (RT).

One thing to remember with the 7C is that the aileron trim will not affect the slaved aileron channel, nor will the elevator trim affect the slaved elevator channel.

Don't worry about "OFS". That means "offset", and is used to move a channel to a fixed position when you turn on the mix.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:47 AM
JollyPopper

Thanks Bax. Will give that a try. I appreciate it.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:06 PM
JollyPopper

Bax, I have been fooling with my transmitter off and on ever since your message and I can't get it to work. I can get the channel 5 servo to work in the up elevator position, but in down elevator position, it moves a few degrees and then it's like it hits a wall and won't go any farther. It only goes down about 10 degrees before it hits the stop and nothing I have done will make it go any farther. Any thoughts? Using flaperons the servo works normally, full travel both directions, so it isn't a bad servo. Channel one servo works fine, full travel both up and down.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very likely, you still have channel 5 set to a switch. Go into the Parameter section and set channel 5 from whatever switch it's set to to "--" (null). This will allow it to move through its full range.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:37 AM
rcsuperhero

I am programming my C7 thank you!! your advise helped get me through a very frustrating programming situation!

I sell depron when you need if friend!! thanks again!!! rcdepron.com
Old 01-19-2021, 04:07 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Old thread, but glad it helped you out!!