Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba telemetry, Powerbox ect.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:54 PM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Futaba telemetry, Powerbox ect.

I want to know if using telemetry slows or impairs the flying quality, control or servo response/resolution?
Does logging said telemetry have and negative affect?
Does logging interval have any negative affect?

I plan on flying with all slots utilized. 7008SB RXs feeding a Royal SRS from PowerBox.

It it is my hope that FUTABA will make the 18MZ software work with PowerBox GPS2 input. As it stands now, if I use the GPS2 antennae to adjust the Royal SRS integral Gyros, that GPS signal output isn't recognized by the Sbus2 if I plug the GPS into a hub or simple Y harness.

The only way around this is to use two GPS antennas, one speaking directly to the SRS and the other to SBUS2. More weight and more cost and more complexity.
A simple program change is what I need.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:01 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Using telemetry does not cause problems in control of the model, whether you're logging or not. If you have a Futaba GPS sensor, it will work. We cannot comment about problems with a powerbox, since it's not a piece of equipment we support. There is support for the powerbox sensors, you can set this up in the sensor option inside the Linkage Menu. Just be sure you have the latest software update.

Last edited by Bax; 01-14-2015 at 07:06 AM. Reason: further research provided answer
Old 02-05-2015, 09:21 AM
757Driver

Thanks Bill
Old 02-13-2015, 05:27 PM
flytmates
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Powerbox now makes an adapter to feed the telemetry data to the sbus2 slot on the 7008sb. Ill be trying one out this weekend to see how its works.

Craig
Old 02-13-2015, 08:25 PM
757Driver

Originally Posted by flytmates
Powerbox now makes an adapter to feed the telemetry data to the sbus2 slot on the 7008sb. Ill be trying one out this weekend to see how its works.

Craig
I have got the new updates working. Finally.... Word to the wise when updating, be sure you disable all firewalls and anti-virus stuff on the computer. Secondly, the order in which things are connected and powered up is critical during update and registration. Jordan Morse lives near me and I'm lucky to have such a knowledgable resource to help me with all of this sometimes frustrating tech. It's cool as heck when it works but maddening when it doesn't. For a long time I couldn't get the Teleconverter to register. With MAD help we got it working. It's important to use a fully charged 7.4V li battery. Thanks Jordan!

Jordan is the Owner/President of Morse Aircraft Devlopment. I call it "MAD" for short. Pilots love acronyms. Jordan is now a rep and sponsored pilot for PB in the USA. You can buy PB from lots of places but you can't beat the SUPPORT you receive when you buy from MORSE. He has been helping me work through several issues with the latest updates and we have discussed several issues.

BAX, there is a significant issue with the new 2.5 update for the 18MZ when used with the PowerBox Teleconverter. While it does display the GPS information supplied to the Royal SRS it is not possible to zero out position errors and clear min/max values.
Secondly the antenna fades on both RX's count up at power ON to a value of 2047. Not sure why. 2048 is a familiar PWM number though. Any correlation?

It is my hope Futaba gets on the ball RE telemetry.
Currently FUTABA CUSTOMERS NEED
telemetry modules for:
AIRspeed ( these $3000 TX's are actually used to fly AIRplanes occasionally.)
G meter
Fuel Flow for kerosene with a 4mm Festo in and out. (Look at how JETI did it and copy it.)

Last edited by 757Driver; 02-13-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:26 PM
757Driver

MAD just told me he will have a how to series of videos coming out in the near future!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:53 PM
MorseAircraftDevelopment

I'm currently working on "how to" videos on all PowerBox products and also on the integration with Futaba systems, including little tricks that are not known or realized by the general user. As always I am available 7 days a week for calls or emails in relation to these products. You can get my contact info through my website. I do not always get notifications of messages on RCU.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:16 PM
MorseAircraftDevelopment

Sorry Bill, just saw the forum rules, delete my post if you need to. Again sorry about that, the post was sent to me via link, I didn't realize that it was in the Futaba Tech Support forum until after posting it.