Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Great Planes/Futaba

Is there any FASST rx that I can change the PWM channels

Old 07-14-2016, 07:32 AM
rstekeur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there any FASST rx that I can change the PWM channels

I have a Futaba R6108sb rx bound to my T8FG upgraded to 14 channels, in a Align quad. I have the R6108sb RX connected to the APSM controller with a sbus cable, That works great. One the controller the channels 1 - 8 are set and can't be changed. One the gimbal which goes through sbus also uses 3 channels that I can select what channel to use and I'm using 10,11, and 12 for pan, tilt, and roll. I want to have 2 channels on the futaba rx to control the lights, and a video switcher to select with camera to use. Is there anyway to change what the PWM channels are? I tried to switch modes on my R6108sb and it didn't seem to do anything to either the sbus channel numbers or the PWM channel number. I have the lights Plugged into the PWM channel 7 no and they come one at the same time as the sbus channel 7 is switched. It looks like the R7008SB might do this by switching the 4 modes it has, but it's not fasst compatible. I'm really at a loss on which way to go.

Last edited by rstekeur; 07-14-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:28 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

The S-bus always has EVERY channel operating on it, even if the receiver has fewer pins for the servos.

The R6108SB receiver has two modes:

Mode A--The servo pins are channels 1-8
Mode B--The servo pins are channels 9-16 (if an 18SZ or 18MZ are used, but the 14 channels you have will work nicely).

Here's the manual for that receiver:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/r6108sb-manual.pdf
Old 07-20-2016, 10:13 AM
rstekeur

I changed the mode on the RX several times, it does nothing to the servo ports on the RX. I have the landing gear on sbus channel 7 on the Quad controller, and I have a channel controlled led plugged in on channel 7 on the futaba rx. No matter which mode I put the RX in the lights come on with the retracts that are connected to the controller. I can't get the channels to change on the RX. I plug in a jumper in the data port, turn on the RX while holding the small button in and it either blinks 3 times red or green for the mode but nothing changes. I'm at a loss.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:01 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

You are correct. Channel #7 on the S-Bus is THE SAME channel on the PWM pins. They cannot be separated. Channel #7 is channel #7, so matter where it's sourced.

The R6008SB cannot change what channels are controlled by the PWM pins. Only channels 1-8 will be output when using it in flight. Only the R7008SB telemetry receiver will allow you to remap the channel pins. Unfortunately, that receiver won't work with the 8FG.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:11 AM
rstekeur

Thanks Bax, what exactly does changing the mode from A to B do?
Old 07-21-2016, 01:47 AM
modtron

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After re-reading your requirements, it sounds as though your are trying to operate PMW devices from the S-Bus output ?
This is possible, but you will need to use S-Bus to PMW decoders to make it work.
The other way would be to use the normal PMW outputs of the 14HS receiver without using the S-Bus connection.

modtron
Oxford UK

Last edited by modtron; 07-21-2016 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:55 AM
rstekeur

Originally Posted by modtron View Post
After re-reading your requirements, it sounds as though your are trying to operate PMW devices from the S-Bus output ?
This is possible, but you will need to use S-Bus to PMW decoders to make it work.
The other way would be to use the normal PMW outputs of the 14HS receiver without using the S-Bus connection.

modtron
Oxford UK

I have a Align APS-M comtroller connected via 1 sbus cable to the Futaba R6108SB. On the controller sbus channels 1-8 are set for motors and mode switches. Also on the controller are 3 channels for the gimbal controls. Those I can pick the sbus channel and I have it set for 9-11. There isn't any way on the controller to use any channel for anything else, so I have a Led that you can turn on and off from a rx channel connected to the PWM. I've tried channel 5 and 7 on the R6108sb and that turns on the light when the same channel on the Align controller does. That doesn't give me the 14 channels that I have on my 8FG. I want 2 more channels, 1 for lights, and 1 to switch camers.