Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

18MZ Throttle Stick Travel

Old 08-15-2016, 10:14 PM
Malcolm H

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 18MZ Throttle Stick Travel

Why do most radios including the 18MZ restrict the throttle stick throw to approx. 75% of the other stick throws?

Any reason why I can't remove the restrictor plates and recalibrate the throttle stick to get the correct output with 100% movement?

Thanks,
Malcolm
Old 08-16-2016, 06:58 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The limiter on the throttle stick only limits the movement of the stick. The movement of the channel is not affected, since the transmitter's calibrated with the stick movement limiter installed. You gain or lose nothing with it installed.

The stick movement limiter is there because top-level flyers who advise the Futaba design and manufacturing teams like the feel it gives them. If you remove the stick limiters, then the transmitter will need to be recalibrated for proper movement.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:07 AM
Malcolm H

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for that Bax, I fully understand. My application is rather special in that more stick travel for the same movement of the channel would be beneficial.

The question I have is, does carrying out the built in calibration routine in the transmitter with the limiters removed achieve this or is additional recalibration required?

Malcolm
Old 08-16-2016, 12:38 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Recalibration requires access to the service menu. Not user-accessible.