Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14SG battery - whats the safe voltage point

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 08:36 AM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14SG battery - whats the safe voltage point

Hello Futaba gurus...

I've had my Futaba 14SG since they came out... I'm always nervous about how long to fly.. I typically charge overnight and see that the battery is at 7.1V in the morning (start of flying day)... by the 8th flight or mid-day the voltage (on the display) reads 6.4V. makes me nervous... so I start up the generator and put it on the charger for an hour to bump the voltage for more flights...

I read in a thread about a low voltage alarm... what is that level and is that a precarious voltage level? what is a low "SAFE" battery voltage to continue flying.

any help is much appreciated... thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:54 AM
kenbro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Frank.

I am not a Futaba guru but I am using the Futaba T14SG and I am using a Robbe Lipo Akku 7,4v 2800mah and can fly for several hours.
Warning voltage for the LIPO is 6,6v. If you use LIFE acc the warning is set to 6,0v and with NIMH it is 5,6v
All according to the manual.
I hope it helps a Little
Kent
Old 10-20-2016, 06:44 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

According to page 34 of the manual, the low-voltage alarm will come on at 5.2 V, so you should land the aircraft immediately upon hearing the alarm. The transmitter will automatically shut down when the battery voltage goes down to 3.9 V.