Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

End Point adjustment on Futaba 10C

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 07:58 AM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default End Point adjustment on Futaba 10C

I have several Futaba Transmitters but use my 10 C on most of my models.... At my AMA flying field with many older retired men we will discuss some functions of the transmitters... I seem to be the only person there that believes in setting up my airplane throws with servo arms and my transmitter using dual rates... I only use end point adjustments on my throttle... as end point is set at 100 on all throws... I then use my dual rates to obtain the results I want from my airplane...Sport flying... no 3D.... Everyone else uses end point to obtain the max throws.. it is confusing to me and I am unable to explain my logic to them...What is your recommendation for setting up airplane throws... dual rates or end point...? Thanks Richard
Old 06-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I deleted posts that were not put in by Futaba Support representatives. This is not a discussion forum.

For the 10C, or any transmitter for that matter, you usually don't need to mess with endpoints at all. You want to adjust the total movement of your control surface by adjusting the linkages on the servo horn and the control surface's control horn. Get the movements as close as possible to what is recommended by the model's instruction manual. You don't need to be exact. Close is good enough. If you want to have it perfect, get it as close as possible mechanically first, and then "tweak" the endpoints to get it "spot on".

Dual Rates are used in-flight to reduce the sensitivity of a particular control. For instance, if you like to have available a large amount of control travel for 3D or wild aerobatics, but want smoother control movement for general flying, then you set the Dual Rate on those functions to reduce their sensitivity. You can have multiple rates on the control surfaces to allow different levels of sensitivity for different flight regimes.